Help a beginner: Summoner And Zeon regeneration

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fenixfire

Fenixfire

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:52 AM

Hi. Im just started as GM in Anima and I found a thing quite confusing. It has to do with Summoners and Zeon regeneration, because if I get this right as a Summoner you don´t need the Gift but you nead the Gift to utilize her MA for Zeon reganeration.

So my big question is: How do a Summoner without the Gift get back her lost Zeon after using her power?

#2 Brand

Brand

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:58 AM

Fenixfire said:

Hi. Im just started as GM in Anima and I found a thing quite confusing. It has to do with Summoners and Zeon regeneration, because if I get this right as a Summoner you don´t need the Gift but you nead the Gift to utilize her MA for Zeon reganeration.

So my big question is: How do a Summoner without the Gift get back her lost Zeon after using her power?

Summoners are kinda odd.  They do get back their MA regeneration like normal.  In fact, one of the upcoming books allows Summoners and others to buy MA Multiples just for MA regeneration and not accumulating Zeon.  If they do that, the Multiples only cost half as much as normal.  For example, a starting Summoner could buy three MA Multiples for just 90 DP, but they couldn't increase Zeon accumulation regardless of whether or not the Summoner also had the Gift.

#3 Fenixfire

Fenixfire

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:34 PM

Thanks for the help.

#4 brewmaster_vitty

brewmaster_vitty

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

just as a side note, it is sometimes good for a summoner to have spells too, in my games most summoners don't get too far without them. i am looking forward to this AE chapter on summoning though, sounds like it would patch that problem right up.

#5 AlphaWhelp

AlphaWhelp

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:40 AM

The gift says you can see and use magic, it says nothing about needing it to regenerate Zeon. (although, if you don't have the gift, Summoners will at least need See Supernatural to make use of their magic appraisal)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS