Gameplay

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 billy31078

billy31078

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:58 AM

I am interested in the game but some reviews suggest that only people who watched the show could enjoy it.If that is the case can someone suggest a similar game (one player having a secret role and sabotazing others)

#2 Vonpenguin

Vonpenguin

• Members
  • 695 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:55 AM

I hear Shadows over Camalot is similar but I've never playeed it. That said I wouldn't consider those reviews the be all end all. My primary gameing group consists of four players, two of which had never seen BSG when we first picked up the game and all four of us love it to death. While you may have a little more context for some cards and why they work the way they do knowing the series isn't needed.

#3 Fryd Pickles

Fryd Pickles

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

I just started watching the series and just started playing the game.  You don't need to know anything about the series to like the game.  It just may enhance it a little bit if you know the lore.  Just knowing the concept of the series would suffice anyone not already watching it.  The only other games out there that I know of similar to BSG is Shadows Over Camelot and Betrayal at House on the Hill.  Never played Shadows, but I own BaHotH.  It's fun, but BSG is a lot easier to learn and is more streamlined.  

#4 napoleonWilson

napoleonWilson

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:59 PM

I played the game way before I watched the series and fell in love with the game.  After finally watching the series however, it has seriously poisoned the game for me. 

napoleon

#5 The Mountain King

The Mountain King

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:16 AM

napoleonWilson said:

I played the game way before I watched the series and fell in love with the game.  After finally watching the series however, it has seriously poisoned the game for me. 

napoleon

How did the series poison the game for you? I'm a huge fan of the show, and tomorrow my game group is playing this for the first time.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS