Brand new to the game

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Brenzor

Brenzor

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

As the topic states, I am very new to this game, still haven't cracked my copy as of yet.  Before I do, I was just wondering if there are any recommendations of scenarios or even good beginner guides that may exist.  I have been playing Descent

#2 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

The Keeper has strong leverage in almost every case against the Investigators. The best introductory scenarios in the base game I find are the 1st, 2nd, and 5th scenario. The Fall of House Lynch is easiest to beat (not saying much though because the Keeper is quite powerful), the Inner Sanctum is also fairly easy, and lastly Green-Eyed Boy, if you have a large enough group to play, you can secretly recruit via a Mythos card an investigator onto your side (so at least someone will be happy with you as you crush everyone else's hopes and dreams ).

As a veteran player, I win about 50/50 as an investigator, and I am currently undefeated as Keeper. When you introduce this game to others, alert them the game is all about experience: the more you play, the more you are rewarded to understand how you can win the next time (therefore, replay value is amazing on your new product you just purchased). Also when your fellow players have understood enough about gameplay, welcome them to be Keeper too in the future.

#3 Brenzor

Brenzor

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:34 AM

Thanks for the heads up.  I am currently part aof a daily lunch Descent game and so the "Experience" of the game is not lost on me.  Thanks for the input.

#4 Psykostevo

Psykostevo

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

I just picked up the game today too. It is my first Arkham game and have been interested in them for a while. I'm trying to get my wife into gaming. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS