Photo

Here comes the Wotan and new SSU helicopters!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Gothik

Gothik

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:04 AM

That`s the stuff all Axis players were waiting for:

#2 Gothik

Gothik

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

And there go new SSU helis: the one with desant KV47 walker (Assault, Russian Artillery!)...

...And gunship configurations - Striker:

Burner:

#3 Gothik

Gothik

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:14 AM

Almost forgot - SSU Commisars:

But who cares about them when we have Wotan ?!? :)

#4 reptilebro1

reptilebro1

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:17 AM

HA HA HA!

They are baby Hind's.

LMFAO!

On the Axis side. REALLY? instead of 2 different versions of the Wotan we could not make a Jagdluther. It is the same extra armour version of the walker itself. I feel like this is FFG going HA HA!.

#5 Romanus

Romanus

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:42 PM

Those choppers are just made of awesome.  At the start I didn't like the look of the chopper but now, they're so ugly they're beautiful lol.  The german walker are cool as well, can't wait to add them to my Laser Panzer Grenadiers force.

Cheers,

Rom

#6 reptilebro1

reptilebro1

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

I just want to see some allied baby Hueys now.

That would be awesome!

#7 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:57 PM

A helicopter that carries a walker. Now THAT's a deadly combination!

Al the new walkers look great, both SSU and Axis. I love how different the Flamm-Luther looks. But I just realized that they have changed the design of the legs, this new model has fewer pistons, which makes it look a bit.... weaker, I don't know.

And the commissars sound very interesting, I'm not sure I understand exactly how they work, attaching to other squads.

#8 Hekal Xul

Hekal Xul

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

Like the air drop KV with the booster pack and other assorted new details. Much better deployment idea than a Tupolev with parachuting drop canisters as shown in one of the earlier comics.

Heli design though keeps getting sillier imo. Transport is semi acceptable, the attack versions not so much. Vertical propeller nose cone ? Looks like they just scavenged the whole prop assembly from an aircraft kit and bashed it together... Hopefully the Axis design (when they eventuate) have more cred.

Expected the Wotan, pleasantly surprised to see the addition of the Ryu parts into official-dom. Makes the DM kit almost 100% compatible (missing only the MG and Vampir scope). Jagd though would have never been a part of this set. Wotan features different (ie FIXED) front cockpit, additional rear VK cells/engine and power cabling which all differ from the Luther design.

#9 marcemtp

marcemtp

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

The commisar look like the allie death dealers.

I want those attack choppers so bad. I assume the burner has naplam bombs hence the name.

I wonder if the kv can be used without taking the transport? The axis walkers look alot better then the allies new walkers which are just new turrents and a different leg pose.

#10 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

marcemtp said:

The commisar look like the allie death dealers.

I wonder if the kv can be used without taking the transport? The axis walkers look alot better then the allies new walkers which are just new turrents and a different leg pose.

Commissars only look like the Death Dealers, but it seems they are actually quite different. On they are own they might be like the Death Dealers, only with some more Skills, but from what I understand they can act like a pack of light heroes that you can attach individually to different squads. They don't have all the Health of a normal hero, but they can aid the squad with their weapon and different Skills.

And I'd think those new KVs can be used without the chopper, but it would seem the other KVs (Babushka, Natalya, Natasha and Nadya) can't be transported by the chopper.

#11 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

The new Axis legs do look a bit flimsy to carry the heavier tank hull but the pic does show them in 2 different positions as well which is confusing as these come as pre-assembled models, looks like they might be easier to articulate than the current walker.  Loving the choppers but notice that the photo's are front shots and not the rear that made the others look aweful.  With new Axis and SSU to collect, could be an expensive year.

#12 Lska

Lska

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:55 PM

Ahahaha i knew it! Welcome flame Axis walker, where can i pick the prize for guessing?

As for the stuff the Russian arty + chopper combo seems interesting. The choopers still lok like toys and the comisar squad is sth i want for my allies:D

#13 Leutnant_Manfred

Leutnant_Manfred

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:42 PM

Uhm...reptilebro, the Jagdluther and the Wotan do not share body shapes. Legs, yes, but the Jagdluther has an even larger, more angular looking front with a large hatch rather than a cupola. Not to mention that the Jagdluther is labeled by Dust Models themselves as Panzerkampfläufer IV, not III. I never expected them to release them both at once.

That said, I must also say I'm very disappointed with the names they chose for the SSU attack helicopters. Striker? Burner? Airblaster? Death Rain? Those sound more like Allies names than SSU, and Airblaster especially sounds like something you'd name the next model of nerf gun. I know FFG has got to have a better creative department than that! One of the features of this game that appeals to my inner geek is the unique naming conventions for each faction. German Walkers are given male names, with letter corresponding to type (Hans, Heinrich & Herman vs. Luther, Ludwig, Lothar & Loth). Allied Walkers are given field nicknames (Pounder, Hotdog, Wildfire, Cobra). SSU Walkers are named after women, many (if not all) of which are diminutives. You could see the pilots naming them after their wives, daughters, or dear Grand'ma. And then: Airblaster & Burner. Seriously? They sound a bit childish.

And yes, it looks like Woton-AR will be nigh identical to Ryu. Although Ryu still has its differences, I.E. the aforementioned lack of MG and Ryu's japanese design cupola.

#14 daniello_s

daniello_s

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:31 PM

Burna-walker - me gusta! :D

And indeed new Axis walkers would need more pistons on the legs - this one looks... weak and fragile?

Choppers looks nice and the idea of dropping SSU walkers in the midst ot the fight is excellent (again something new in the game).

Commisar unit looks good as well.

Generally I'm happy with FFG work.

#15 Grand Inquisitor Fulminarex

Grand Inquisitor Fulminarex

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:13 PM

It will be interesting to see the physical stats on the Wotan, where it falls between the mediums and heavies, and how a Jagluther will squeeze in there eventually.

Anyone have any idea of how powerful the laser will be on a Wotan? Sustaining fire for certain. And what about armor and health on them?

#16 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:14 AM

Grand Inquisitor Fulminarex said:

It will be interesting to see the physical stats on the Wotan, where it falls between the mediums and heavies, and how a Jagluther will squeeze in there eventually.

Anyone have any idea of how powerful the laser will be on a Wotan? Sustaining fire for certain. And what about armor and health on them?

Probably will be the same as the Ryu, you can see the card on Dust Models site.  The armour on the lasers give it Damage Resilient.

#17 Maximum

Maximum

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:05 AM

Great stuff, now just release it all so my bank account balance can turn to "Dust". 

#18 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:34 AM

I just noticed the relevance of this sentence:

"Nastasia has a long-ranged gun that is useful for combatting aerial threats"

It would seem axis and allied aircraft can't be far behind, if the russians are already arming themselves against it.

#19 Grand Inquisitor Fulminarex

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:15 AM

reptilebro1 said:

HA HA HA!

They are baby Hind's.

LMFAO!

On the Axis side. REALLY? instead of 2 different versions of the Wotan we could not make a Jagdluther. It is the same extra armour version of the walker itself. I feel like this is FFG going HA HA!.

I concur. Would have been nice to see the Jagdluther come out officially.

#20 Grand Inquisitor Fulminarex

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:17 AM

Loophole Master said:

I just noticed the relevance of this sentence:

"Nastasia has a long-ranged gun that is useful for combatting aerial threats"

It would seem axis and allied aircraft can't be far behind, if the russians are already arming themselves against it.

I can't wait to see Axis air units, but the aerial threats could be Vrill.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS