Official NPC Class and Levels

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Arikail

Arikail

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:53 PM

As it was requested, here are the classes and levels of the official NPC's listed in the Anima Tactics Miniature wargames rules, Saga I & II: Awakening and Rise. The book does not provide stats or anything, just classes and levels for the NPC's, as it does primarily deal with the miniatures game. Also, for those inclined, it does give a good background for all of the NPC's, so could be useful just for that. Also, some characters have voluntarily limited their power, or are sealed. In these cases, the second level listed is at full strength. Keep in mind, these levels are listed without adjustments for race or other enhancements (such as Crow infusion for Wissenschaft).

Faction

Name (Class, Level)

Class Abbreviations: Pa= Paladin, DP= Dark Paladin, As= Assassin, AW= Acrobatic Warrior, Wmst= Weaponmaster, Te= Technician, Wa= Warrior, Ra= Ranger, Sh= Shadow, WS= Warrior Summoner, WM= Warrior Mentalist, Wrl= Warlock, Wi= Wizard, Su= Summoner, Fr= Freelancer, Tao= Tao, Th= Thief,

Sacred Holy Empire of Abel

Yuri Olsen (P, 8)

Griever (Wmst, 10)

Claire Adelheid (Wa, 7)

Duncan Reid (Wmst, 6)

Lilian Virgil (Pa, 6)

Kronen Roxxon (Wmst, 5)

Odin Goldsmith (Wmst, 7)

Janus Faith (Wa, 7)

Daniella Meris (Ra, 6)

Vayl (Sh, 6)

Samiel (Wa, 8)

Azur Alliance

High Arbiter Alastor (DP, 10)

High Arbiter Arkeid (WS, 9)

The Colonel (DP, 8)

Reindhold (WM, 7)

Kirsten (AW, 6)

Kyler (As, 6)

Deadmoon (Te,8)

Hel (AW, 5)

Jerome (Sh, 6)

Maximo Ligori (Wmst, 6)

Harod (As, 7)

The Church

Romeo Exxet (Wrl, 11)

Saint Elianai (Wi, 8/?)

Justina (AW, 6)

Damien (Te, 6)

Saint Evangeline (Wi, 7)

Saint Astraega (Su, 5)

Saint Hazael (Su, 3)

Nero (Pa, 7)

Xavier (DP, 7)

Azriel (Wa, 7)

Aliss Testarossa (AW, 6)

Samael

Ophiel (Wrl, 10)

Dinah (Wrl, 9/13)

Kairos (AW, 7)

Konosuke (Wmst, 8)

Morrigan (Wrl, 9/12)

Dark Chesire (Te, 7)

Dael (Wi, 7)

Aoi Inukai (Wi, 6)

Janiel (Wrl, 5)

Shinigami Ayl (Wrl, 7)

Genma Dhanyata (Su, 7)

Wissenschaft

Reist Ebersbacher (Fr, 9)

Valeria Strauss (AW, 6)

Edgard Ibanesku (Wa, 5)

Frederick Mausser (Ra, 7)

Steiner Wenzel (Fr, 5)

XII (Sh, 10)

Lorenzo (Wa, 6)

Rayne (Te, 7)

Cordelia Roaslind (Ra, 6)

Celia (AW, 7/11)

Feng Yi (Tao, 6)

Alessa Raincross (Ra, 7)

Veronica (Th, 7)

Wanderers

Li Long (Tao, 7/10)

Lin Pao (Tao, 5)

Jiang Pao (Tao, 6)

Akio (Wi, 5)

Tsubasa Kurokami (Te, 7)

Faust Orbatos (DP, 8)

Khaine D'lacreu (DP, 6)

Dereck Shezard (Tao, 9/12)

Kujaku Hime (AW, 7)

Takanosuke (Sh, 6)

Sophia Ilmora (Fr, 8)

#2 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

This is a very helpful post Arikail...

Actually I use slightly higher levels for a few characters I prefer having "more powerful" in my campaigns, but I had calculated and applied correct Level to most of them. The thing about "sealed characters" whose powers increase when unselaed is interesting, but I have no idea about how to implement it with rules...although it could be an interesting option for PC as well as NPC, so I believe I'll think about it.

#3 F3nr1s

F3nr1s

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

I think, this "Sealed" is therefore: You can use the character also in games, in which his higher level would be "overkill" (or not allowed), so he fights "sealed". If his higher level is okay, you can use him "unsealed".

And also, as far as I know has Dereck Shezard the "Blood of the Dragon" and also this "Gates"-Ars-Magnus (sry, I'm not at home and havn't the DE with me, so I don't know the exact name, but you get it ;-)), so I think, if he is "unsealed", he uses his Ars Magnus in the tabletop.

An idea for the sealed in the anima rpg: Make an NPC of the lower level (for example Morrigan Lvl 9) and after this, give her some level ups (for Morrigan 3 level ups, so she would have lvl 12). As long, as she is sealed, she is only level 9 creature (except for summing, banish and so on), but if something triggers, her seal is "destroyed" and she becomes her "level 12"-variant. Perhaps, some creature powers can represent this, but I'm only halve way through the "Those who walked amongst us" XD

Thx to Arikail for the list :-)

So long,

F3nr1s

#4 Kalis

Kalis

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:03 AM

They seem to have changed their minds on a few things, since Colonel is now a Dark Paladin/Tao and Yuri has changed classes to Paladin/Weaponmaster.

The seal thing is kind of easy for some of the characters. Celia is level 11, but since either the events of Ark of Sinners or the Breach of Heaven has had a mental block that prevents her from using her full power.

Derreck is level 12, but has a limit placed on him by Imperium, similar to Shinigami Captains and Vice Captains who come to Earth. So he walks around at level 9 on Gaia, but if there is a significant enough threat and he deems it absolutely necessary he may release the restriction and go at his full power.

Dinah is basically a high power person of mass destruction. She is either holding back her full destructive power to keep everybody safe, or is not able to access her full power with her current personality. If she was still her old programmed by Rah self, she could.

Elianai is basically limited by her projection ability. If she could somehow be fully healed. Her true form would be at the ? level.

Morrigan and Li Tong I'm not so sure. It could just be holding back because they feel like a challenge or they could  just be confident that the lowered level is all they need to give the young whippersnappers the what for.

#5 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:09 AM

Information about Dinah, seems interesting...could you share a bit more about her, if it's not too much a bother?

#6 Kalis

Kalis

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:09 AM

According to the book:

Dinah was born during the War of God in the depths of Tol Rauko, in the test tubes of Rah's laboratories. The Lord of Judas attempted to create the first of a series of exceptionally powerful living weapons by combining the genetic material of the Dark Embpress Ark Noah with a High Wrym of the Light. The result was a volatile and violent young girl, unable to act with the precision her creator desired for her. Despite this, Rah unleashed Dinah in battle with a certain degree of effectiveness. Her methods were brutal, and she destroyed everything in her path, friend or enemy. Wild and out of control, during this time Dinah committed atrocities that would cause even Ophiel to lose his breath.

Then it goes on about how she was raised by a woman named Helena,  who found her on the battlefield after Dinah was defeated by Zhorne Giovanni, who helped her gain control of the violence.

#7 AlphaWhelp

AlphaWhelp

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:25 AM

Li Long, I think, is reduced to his lower level because of his age, if you could restore his youth somehow, such as maybe with The Death arcana, he would be at the max level.

#8 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

The history of Dinah, was very interesting...so supposedly she was raised by Helena...considering Dinah's current attitude possibly Saint Helena, and she's Half Duk'Zarist and Half C'iel Dragon... cool...

How about those two spheres with one white and one black wing? Any information on those? Thanks again!

#9 Kalis

Kalis

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:28 AM

Umbra is her dark, violent tendencies, Lucera is her positive emotions and light side. They advise her, and when not in battle they manifest as young girls. Both wings are sentient beings, so she isn't just talking to herself.

#10 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:55 AM

Thanks man! Lots of interesting fluff! I should definitely buy the Anima Tactics Rulebook...it's on my whishlist as soon as I have cash to spend!

#11 Arikail

Arikail

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:30 AM

Yeah, I was so happy when I was browsing the shelves at a hal-price bookstore and found mine. Immediately went into hand, and didn't leave for the next hour, as I browsed the rest of the store. It was a totally unexpected, and completely worth it, find. Perhaps I should have expected something similar, since it was in Minneapolis, where FFG is based. Sadly, the local game store run by FFG doesn't have anything for Anima Tactics. I was hoping to find at least a few figs while I was visiting. Oh well.

#12 Ansalagon

Ansalagon

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

Thanks, but do there happen to be anyone who have made stats for them??

#13 Kalis

Kalis

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:51 AM

A few of them appear in the Dramatis Personae minibook. The translation is on cipher studios anima forum in the Gaia section.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS