• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kalahari

kalahari

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

I have a doubt with ports....

1) For example i have a ship in the port of pyke, can i move it to Sunset Sea (adjacent sea area) or i have to move it first to Ironman's bay (conected sea area) and then move it to Sunset Sea? 

Because on page 25 Other port rules 1st paragraph says "Ships units may march from an adjacent sea area into a friendly port, or may march from a port into an adjacent sea area.

My doubt cames to me when the rules stablish some kind of diference between adjacent sea area and conected sea area.

#2 kauai1964

kauai1964

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

kalahari said:

1) For example i have a ship in the port of pyke, can i move it to Sunset Sea (adjacent sea area) or i have to move it first to Ironman's bay (conected sea area) and then move it to Sunset Sea? 

Because on page 25 Other port rules 1st paragraph says "Ships units may march from an adjacent sea area into a friendly port, or may march from a port into an adjacent sea area.

My doubt cames to me when the rules stablish some kind of diference between adjacent sea area and conected sea area.

ADJACENT: Contiguous, Adjoining, Abutting, Next To, Neighboring.  (There is no difference between ADJACENT and "connected" - they are the same).

The only Sea Zone ADJACENT to Pyke is Ironman's Bay.

This is the same for land units - you may only invade or support an ADJACENT territory.

#3 schidlo

schidlo

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:02 AM

Hi all,

kauai1964: I don't agree. I know that adjacent and connected are words with similar meaning. But I think they used those to distinguish two different things.

I understend to that like this:

1. Connected land (sea) is the land (sea) where the port is located.
  2. Adjacent land (sea) is land (sea) which is adjacent with connected land (sea).

Why I think it's like that? Because of some hints in Other ports rules:

• may support a combat in the adjacent sea area but may not support a combat in any adjacent land area (not even in its connected land area) - They really distinguish those two things in this sentence. Why would they use a word any if it is only about one (connected) land? Also the word even is hint that it is different thing.
  • In fifth point the talk strictly about connected sea.

I think that they just add rules to those which are obvious: you can move from port to connected sea, you can support a combat in connected sea and you can raid connected sea.

Only thing which isn't so obvious is if you can move from port to adjacent sea even if there is a ship in connected sea (my guess is you can't).

If someone doesn't agree please answer this thread. It would be great if someone from ff could make it clear.

#4 schidlo

schidlo

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:51 PM

And another point in other port rules is quite strange:

The third point says:

* Ship units in a Port may raid the adjacent sea area, but may not raid any adjacent land area.

Why they talk about adjacent area explicitly when this area (if connected==adjacent) owns the same player as the port? That doesn't make sense! It has to be adjacent areas to connected area. (Take a notice about word any in that sentence, why it is there if it's only one area)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS