Photo

Can you both Focus and be Assisted on the same roll?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cromulent

Cromulent

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

The FAQ says "No, only one or the other."

My question is, if there are two investigators on an adventure, can you:

-roll and fail to meet a task, Focus a die, then discard a die for failing to meet any tasks

-roll a second time and fail to meet a task, Assist a die, and then discard a die for failing?

Thanks!

#2 Musha Shukou

Musha Shukou

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:39 PM

Yup, you can totally do that. The FAQ just means you can't both focus and be assisted on the very same roll.

ie: you can't roll the dice, fail the task, focus a die, assist a die, and lose a die as a penalty for failing.

But as long as a die is lost between rolls, you can both focus and assist during the same adventure, even on the same task.

#3 Cromulent

Cromulent

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:07 AM

Thanks!  That's what I figured after reading the rules.  Then when I read that in the FAQ it made me question myself.

If that wasn't the case, then I don't see why you would ever want to assist, seeing as you are putting your fellow investigator's stamina/sanity at risk.  The only time I can figure assisting to be useful is in the situation I described in my original post.  Has anyone else found a use for locking down a die with Assist?

#4 Walk

Walk

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:15 AM

Well, remember, you can only Focus once per turn.  Once you've Focused once, Assisting is your only option.

#5 Cromulent

Cromulent

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

That be a valid point Walk, thank you.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS