Im starting a new campaign and I and my players are new to RT. After rolling I allow my players to swap 2 stats after rolling. One of my players said that there might be a imbalance in the rules for starting explorators, so please your opinion:
- His highest roll was 19 (could have been 20) and swaps this for the S stat.
- He spends 100xp on S +5
- He takes the muscle graft implementation (which is allowed for explorator RAW)
- He spends 400xp to upgrade this graft to best quality giving him SBx2 (again RAW p.72)
- Starting gear is a power axe 1d10+7 pen 7
- He takes 'deathworld' as background giving him an additional +5 S
Strength = 25 + 19 + 5 + 5 = 54 so SB = 5 times 2 = 10
Giving a STARTING player a weapon that does 1d10 + 17 pen 7
This sounds to me like a starting Astartes. So is this a gap in the rules or is this acceptable for a starting game??
Obviously I can overrule this, although my player already mentioned that he won't take this route, he just found it an interesting observation and (like me) was wondering whether this is not over the top...