iOS/Android App?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 anonymous

anonymous

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:52 AM

I think this would make a perfect mobile app.  Obviously it would be better on tablets (no reason not to release it to them too), but it could work very well on phones too imo. Sure it would be great to have online, but even for pass-and-play and solitaire games it would be awesome imo. What do you guys think?

#2 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:19 AM

Not very likely, even for just the base game. Resources needed, and a small screen space in some cases would be challenging, probably requiring multiple specialty views. Also, it is a social game where face to face interaction is more important than some might assume.

#3 anonymous

anonymous

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:28 AM

JCHendee said:

Not very likely, even for just the base game.

There's only a base game 

#4 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

And of course you ignored all the other issues for a petty point.

#5 tarasis

tarasis

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

I'd love it for the iPad (along with lots of other board games)

#6 Rawrz

Rawrz

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

JCHendee said:

Also, it is a social game where face to face interaction is more important than some might assume.

While I agree that board games are alot more fun with the people in the actual room, it hasn't stopped games like Monopoly, or Risk being made into NES games and being released on every video game and computer system since.  Catan is a great modern example, while again, Yes, I would prefer to play Catan with real people in the room and be more social, it still is fun to play over x-box live or the iphone.  DungeonQuest would be a perfect game to play on the phone or tablet, even a solitaire version would be enough for me to buy by shoving $10-20ish dollars into fantasy flight's mouth to make them shut up about trying to sell me the app.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS