LFG Forum?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Belizan

Belizan

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:33 AM

So it appears there are at least two online options for playing WFRP 3 (Maptools and Fantasy Grounds).  Is there an LFG type forum anywhere for people who'd like to find an online game?

#2 Crazy Aido

Crazy Aido

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:23 AM

I think you just started it...

#3 Ceodryn

Ceodryn

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:49 PM

Hi Belizan,

I posted a thread a few weeks ago where I was looking for a group to play with, using either Maptool or FG2, but unfortunately I didn't get any answers.  Since then, I found a FG2 group to play with through the FG2 website, but, oh irony, they play WFRP 2nd edition.  I didn't care, I wanted to play, so I joined them.

Nevertheless, I am currently building my WFRP3 FG2 library (The ruleset Neil created is amazing but he couldn't include actions, careers, etc... since those are property of FFG.  It is the responsability of each playing group to code those within Neil WFRP3 ruleset framework).  So far, I have added all criticals, mutations, diseases, conditions, basic actions and spells and the careers, talents and actions of my players.  I am currently working on adding armors and weapons.  

Regardless, I would love to be a player in WFRP3 (not a GM, sorry I am already GMing a family group and wouldn't find the time to GM another group).  Because of my investment with the WFRP3 FG2 ruleset, I have a slight preference for it, but I am open to both platforms.

Cheers
Ceodryn

#4 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,117 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:57 AM

FFG doesn't have an Looking for Gamers forum.  They do not feel that it is important.  That's been their choice for years (and it drives me crazy).

#5 Belizan

Belizan

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:19 AM

Ceodryn said:

I posted a thread a few weeks ago where I was looking for a group to play with, using either Maptool or FG2, but unfortunately I didn't get any answers.  Since then, I found a FG2 group to play with through the FG2 website, but, oh irony, they play WFRP 2nd edition.  I didn't care, I wanted to play, so I joined them.

Nevertheless, I am currently building my WFRP3 FG2 library (The ruleset Neil created is amazing but he couldn't include actions, careers, etc... since those are property of FFG.  It is the responsability of each playing group to code those within Neil WFRP3 ruleset framework).  So far, I have added all criticals, mutations, diseases, conditions, basic actions and spells and the careers, talents and actions of my players.  I am currently working on adding armors and weapons.  

Regardless, I would love to be a player in WFRP3 (not a GM, sorry I am already GMing a family group and wouldn't find the time to GM another group).  Because of my investment with the WFRP3 FG2 ruleset, I have a slight preference for it, but I am open to both platforms.

I am in almost the exact same position, except that my family group is face to face (so I haven't done much work inside the FG ruleset beyond testing), and I avoided the 2nd edition game because I don't want to fall into earlier edition envy.  The props that come with 3rd edition are incredibly popular with the family group.  I was really hoping to find a WFRP game I could play in, presumeably online.

Emirikol said:

FFG doesn't have an Looking for Gamers forum. They do not feel that it is important. That's been their choice for years (and it drives me crazy).

Well, if FFG doesn't have such a forum, is there another site that the community regularly uses?  Like Pen and Paper Games or something?

#6 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,117 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

For online play:

rptools.net (maptool)

Fantasy grounds (their website forums)

Open RPG

For face to face:

Meet-up.com (look for anythign game, comic, rpg, heroclix, or pokemon-related)

Rpg.Net and enworld.org are both heavily read

Wizards.com and Paizo.com are both good places to post b/c there are immensely more people there and many of them are looking for an alternative to the same old game

Pen * paper have forums, but I'm not sure about popularity.

put up a colorful ad with pull-tab information at your Friendly Local Game, Comic,hobby, etc. stores.

In my experience, I've found that it's best to start up my own group and then get other people to run stuff for me when I take short seasonal breaks from GMing.

jh

#7 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:55 AM

The Reckless Dice Podcast is gearing up to help maintain some sort of online LFG document. 

Additionally, there are a lot of people who are lookign to play online through our Facebook page. 

Sorry i know this is starting to sound like a shameless plug, but thats not the goal.  What i'm getting at is the other RDP contributors and I are looking to find a way to group those who want to be able to play online together.  Perhaps maintaining a spreadsheet with some contact info for those who are interested in playing and making it available to others who wan tto play?

Lastly, if you want to meet a few others who are wanting to play via MapTools, we are running a demo scenario and open discussion while playing MapTools this weekend (March 10 at 12 noon PST (GMT -8))  Its open to anyone who woud like to attend.  You can meet other players there for sure.

We are coordinating the details of this event via the Facebook page.

Gitzman

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS