Fall of the Empire scenario question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:01 AM

We are, hopefully, going to play the Fall of the Empire scenario tomorrow (unless I get outvoted) and I was wondering if anyone knows wether the Lazax racial ability to place their starting forces in systems surrounding Mecatol Rex lets them gain the planets from start the same way any race would during an Accelerated Setup. My gut instinct tells me yes (after all, they are the imperial race) but I haven't been able to find any mention of it in the rules or FAQ.

Pax Magnifica Bellum Gloriosum

#2 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:59 AM

Isn't there a rule in FotE that says "you're not allowed to use any other optional rules in conjuction with FotE"?  Simulated Early Turns is an optional rule, so I believe the official answer is "you can't use SET with FotE."

If you decide you absolutley must use these two together, then you are forging your way into house rule territory and should decide amongst yourselves how to handle that question at your table.

#3 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:15 AM

Steve-O said:

Isn't there a rule in FotE that says "you're not allowed to use any other optional rules in conjuction with FotE"?  Simulated Early Turns is an optional rule, so I believe the official answer is "you can't use SET with FotE."

If you decide you absolutley must use these two together, then you are forging your way into house rule territory and should decide amongst yourselves how to handle that question at your table.

A quick and correct answer. But not to the question asked. I am fully aware that FotE only allows (and recommends using) Option 5: Mechanized Units from the Shards rulebook. What I wanted to know was if the Lazax, during setup, may gain the planets in the systems adjacent to Mecatol Rex THE SAME WAY any other race would when using SET.

To clarify I'll quote the Racial ability in question from the Lazax Race Sheet:

"During setup, you may place any of your starting units (except your Space Dock) in systems adjacent to your Home System."

This is why I was wondering if the Lazax also get the planets in those systems during setup ready for use in round 1. Because if they do not, then I don't really see much point in placing any units in the adjacent systems since you then would have to spend a considerable amount of CC's to shuffle the units around to take those planets.

#4 Kerrin2

Kerrin2

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:40 AM

Taking the quote literally would mean that they could place Ground Force, PDS, and/or Mechanized units on planets in the surrounding systems, thus controlling the planets where they have one ore more pieces of plastic.

I can't guarantee that's the intent though.

#5 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:30 PM

I shall send this one in to rules questions and put it up on the FAQ-thread I think...

#6 Bowoodstock

Bowoodstock

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:40 AM

When we played it, yes, we did have the Lazax start out with those units on planets, and they could take said planets.  It is afterall, the lazax empire, which is more than just a bunch of ships flying around empty planets.  Believe me when I say that they need those planets, as unless someone gets the "loyalist" objective, just about everyone else is out to get them

#7 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:31 AM

I got an official answer from Corey. The Lazax do start game round 1 with control of the planets in the neighbouring systems. And those planets start unexhausted to boot.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS