How Is The Game

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MinionOfProvidence

MinionOfProvidence

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:57 AM

Once i saw the trailer for this game i almost bought it right there but i wanted to wait and see what other people thought. How is it length wise? Does it take a long time to learn how to play and is it easy to teach others how to? The Board and figures look AMAZING! but that does not always make a game so please let me know if you think this is a game worth buying

#2 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:36 AM

Agreed. I too wish to know more. How good is replay value? Should I just wait for Fortress America? I also heard there is a token discoleration for some of the variant tokens. Is this true?

#3 arkhamresident

arkhamresident

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

The rules for Nexus Ops are pretty easy to understand and not at all hard to explain.  The modular board and rules variants keep the game from getting stale but if you play too often I could see it wearing thin after a while.  While I have heard of discoloration on some of the variant explore tokens I didn't notice it in my copy.  Overall I'm quite pleased with my purchase and would recommend it to anyone who likes DoaM games.

The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.

Mark Twain

#4 Ignatz_Von_Zwakh

Ignatz_Von_Zwakh

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:30 PM

Goddamn fun is what it is! I've been playing it like mad with my group of friends for the past 2 weeks. It's simple, fast-paced and contains a fair amount of strategy off-set only ever so slightly by some usual dice-rollin' randomness. Plus the whole theme of vile space-corporations duking it out over a moon is pretty well-realized with the beasts and terrain and whatnot. Overall I'd say it's a worthwhile purchase for those who dig strategy games.

#5 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 966 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:29 AM

Does it play well AND is it fun with only 2 payers?

That alone would be the selling point for me.

#6 Columbob

Columbob

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:08 AM

Easy to learn and to understand, games are under 2 hours. Once you know the rules, 2-3 player games can be played in about just 1 hour. Fun but not too deep.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS