New expansion announced: werewolves!!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Zozimus

Zozimus

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:34 AM

This looks pretty interesting, and adds a new mechanic to the game.  It is certainly unexpected.  I wonder, though, how much play it will get with the Dragon expansion.  I have the feeling we won't use both simultaneously.  Already (though I like the Dragon, and it seems like it's exactly what I'd been wanting), I find that we're not using it as much.  Dunno why.  Maybe there's a critical "fiddly" mass that games reach.  (Arkham, I'm talking to you).   

Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play. - Heraclitus

#2 TalismanAttack

TalismanAttack

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:54 AM

Wait, is this a small expansion?

If you're talking about how it may not be able to coexist with the Dragon expansion, if I understand you correctly, then does that mean you have information on this?

You're being serious, right?

I don't see how a small expansion could make too big an influence on the gameplay itself. At least, compared to the Dragon expansion.

What's wrong about it?

#3 illygraham

illygraham

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:03 AM

Well, this is a nice surprise!  Can't wait till the summer!

Sounds interesting...

What're those characters?  Any thoughts?

Looks like one has a shovel...Gravedigger maybe?

#4 TalismanAttack

TalismanAttack

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:07 AM

Oh, I didn't notice the expansion announcement.

Seems interesting, although it'd be nice to know what the new characters are.

So is the time card going to be used to increase/decrease creature's attack scores, maybe? Is the werewolf going to be like a reaper? The spell card (werewolf's curse) suggests so.

And what's this whole Lycanthrope thing they're talking about? Any thoughts? Maybe it's like an alignment deal, with certain adventure cards (and spell cards, apparently) affecting you differently depending on whether or not you're a Lycanthrope, or whatever they're doing.

This looks interesting. Post here with any additional leaks on this expansion.

#5 Redvettez06

Redvettez06

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:08 AM

Cool. This sounds like a fun (though potentially complicating) mechanic. We'll see how it pans out. 

#6 Shifting Spirit

Shifting Spirit

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:41 AM

Day and Night... - can't tell how much I wanted this to be part of the game.

The cards talk about a werewolf chart - maybe if you get enough "points" you are turned into one? - Question: What's better, to be turned into a toad or a werewolf? (No idear...)

I like that cat follower - reads like you have to take it, discard all fate and can't gain any 'till you get rid of it.

Not sure what Scarecrow and Moon Mist (other than the flip day to night part) do.

[And I know I'm a bit ahead of things, but with this small expansion next, I'm betting on forest board exp. afterwards. *happy face* :P]

#7 Frog

Frog

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:53 AM

I like this!  This will be the first expansion I have purchases since the Reaper.  I like how it keeps it simple and only adds one minor change!

#8 wieldsith

wieldsith

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:04 AM

Yes!! The box art itself looks so amazing. I can't wait to get my hands on this once it comes out.

#9 Draii

Draii

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

Ooh, finally. And sounds interesting. Agree with the thought that it might be "to much" to combine it with Dragon though. Dragon-tokens, dragon kings, day and night. It's getting crowded. But might work, hopefully.

And I who just was fiddling with a house-rule with all events in a separate pile, and always draw one event when a fate is used. Thus making the original adventure deck a bit thinner and more conventrated on monsters, objects, followets and strangers (since it don't see much play after the Dragon expansion).
But the night and day rules don't work good with that idea =/

Characters, except for the Wherewolf... Gravedigger, Exorcist and Berserk?

#10 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:09 AM

Great news! I love the spooky stuff. 

And this'll be the first expansion I'm getting day-of (first got into Talisman at Xmas), so that'll be fun, too. 

IV  V  VI  I  III  II

#11 Triple A

Triple A

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

Day & Night.   Hmmm.

Could this be the start of "light fate" and "dark fate"?

Where "light fate" works in the daytime and "dark fate" at night?

#12 Shifting Spirit

Shifting Spirit

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:34 PM

Triple "A" said:

Could this be the start of "light fate" and "dark fate"?

Where "light fate" works in the daytime and "dark fate" at night?

Don't think so. - You're moving ahead a bit quickly there - if there would be an influence on fate, don't you think they would have at least given us a hint?

I know many people are waiting for this, but I wouldn't bet on it ever becoming part of the game other than homebrew expansions. (Just my op.)

I'm happy with day and night for quite some time.

#13 JemyM

JemyM

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:46 AM

Interesting.

I suggested Lycantrophy in my post about the Forest expansion (post #42). I wonder if ties into a later large-box expansion for the forest. I connected the idea between forest+werewolves thanks to Dragon Age.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efpag=2&efid=49&efcid=1&efidt=330044

#14 Crag78

Crag78

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:47 AM

I love gothic horror setting.I remember in the 2nd edition adventure cards like the Vampire,the Werewolf and the Band of Zombies.Great addition and idea in the Talisman world.

#15 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:53 AM

Shifting Spirit said:

Question: What's better, to be turned into a toad or a werewolf? (No idear...)

Well, I'm guessing that a werewolf won't be as easily squished. =P

JemyM said:

I suggested Lycantrophy in my post about the Forest expansion (post #42). I wonder if ties into a later large-box expansion for the forest. I connected the idea between forest+werewolves thanks to Dragon Age.

Forests and werewolves have gone together since long before Dragon Age. =P

#16 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

Shifting Spirit said:

The cards talk about a werewolf chart - maybe if you get enough "points" you are turned into one? - Question: What's better, to be turned into a toad or a werewolf? (No idear...)

The werewolf does not look so bad. You are stronger in the night, and you can choose to hunt other players.

But the question remains how to get rid of the werewolf form.

Changing into a toad is more dangerous i think.

But we still need to get a look at the werewolf chart

If you get attack by the werewolf or a transformed werewolf character, then this whole idea will change... 

#17 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:28 AM

Crag78 said:

I love gothic horror setting.I remember in the 2nd edition adventure cards like the Vampire,the Werewolf and the Band of Zombies.Great addition and idea in the Talisman world.

I hope that some zombies are included

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS