Photo

Tannhäuser Gate or/ou La porte de Tannhäuser?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Maxime

Maxime

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 01:17 PM

Hi, I was curious about this game, but I wondered if anyone knew about the differences between the French and the English versions? That one is a translation right? I live in Montreal and I'm francophone so I have access to both,I just wanted to know if there were some differences, like major delays for translations to English, or on the other hand some exclusives to FFG?

#2 DiscoNouny

DiscoNouny

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 03:51 PM

Hi,

I mixed both since some figurines aren't available in English yet and there's no difference.

Grab whatever you can get your hands onto! :)

#3 Doc Savage

Doc Savage

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 03:57 PM

The French is the original, the English the Translation. There were a few issues in the beginning, but FFG published a FAQ pretty quickly, confirming that the French rules are correct and fixing a few crucial translation issues. The French version is a full year ahead of the English...

Visit DocSavageTales.blogspot.com for cool stuff!

#4 Malechi

Malechi

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 06:33 PM

If you have access to both and the ability to utilize either, go with the French version simply because you will have access to more items quicker

... And then get back here with all the translations and images!

#5 Maxime

Maxime

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:53 AM

Malechi said:

If you have access to both and the ability to utilize either, go with the French version simply because you will have access to more items quicker

... And then get back here with all the translations and images!

Hahaha, sure! French is my first language, but my English is good enough to make decent translations... at least I would hope so...

Anyways, thanks for the answers, I'll probably get the French version as soon as I have some free time next month. See you later then!

#6 Malechi

Malechi

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:50 PM

Maxime said:

... French is my first language, but my English is good enough to make decent translations... at least I would hope so... 

From your two posts here, I would never have known English was a second language for you. I would even go so far as to say your posts utilize the English language better than most native speakers!

#7 derros87

derros87

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:10 PM

Malechi said:

Maxime said:

... French is my first language, but my English is good enough to make decent translations... at least I would hope so... 

From your two posts here, I would never have known English was a second language for you. I would even go so far as to say your posts utilize the English language better than most native speakers!

i second that

#8 The Sundance Kid

The Sundance Kid

• Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:11 PM

I is gooder in my maths then in mys english.

#9 derros87

derros87

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:15 PM

lol

ive always been good at history and geography

#10 Maxime

Maxime

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:58 AM

Geez, thanks, it's really nice of you... but it's clear that you've never heard me speak English... my terrible «Québécois» accent would betray me almost immediately. lol

#11 Malechi

Malechi

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:32 AM

Can't hear you, can't smell the Sundance Kid. It's all good. Real good.

Damn, where's that Evil smilie when you need it.

This one is just not as fun ...  It gives the impression of meanness, not simple humor.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS