Photo

Very N00b Questions about Secondary Abilities, please help?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Binarymuffin

Binarymuffin

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

Alright, so I can't find in the book where it tells you what to put under the BASE section of the Secondary Abilities part of the character sheet. (Where it has the 5 columns: Base + Bonus + SPE + Class = Final)

I was under the impression it was the Base score of your characteristic- 6 AGI being a bonus of 5, etc. Yet when I reverse engineered a couple of the premade characters in the GM toolkit, I couldn't find the missing numbers. His final Acrobatics is 25. But based on his Agility Bonus, he has +15 in the Bonus section.
 That means I'm missing 10 in the Base section, right? Which fits his Original Base Characteristic. (10)

Ex:                Base    Bonus       Spe       Class       Final
Acrobatics:   _??_ + __15__ + ______+ _____ = __25__

His class doesn't give him anything, and I don't know what goes in SPE (See? Newb....) And all of my friends say it's the Base Characteristic, but... it doesn't fit his otherer secondary abilities, like Athleticism.

Base   Bonus     Spe     Class    Final
_??_ + _15_ + _____ + ____ = _20_  ...... So if it WAS the Base Characteristic, it wouldn't fit Athleticism, since that would add up to 25 as well, but his premade in the Toolkit says it's 20, and his armor doesn't take away 5. 

If I'm wrong in any of this, pleeeaaase correct me. I'm sorry for the newbish-ness and the confusing explanations. :) Thanks in advance for the help!

#2 Lia Valenth

Lia Valenth

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:36 AM

Binarymuffin said:

Ex:                Base    Bonus       Spe       Class       Final
Acrobatics:   _??_ + __15__ + ______+ _____ = __25__

Base is the number of DP you invest in it. So if it costs 2DP for 1 point and you invest 10DP in the skill it is;
Ex:                Base       Bonus         Spe       Class        Final
Acrobatics: __5__ + __15__ + ______+ _____ = __20__

In the same way if you invest 20DP in it you get 10Base;
Ex:                 Base        Bonus         Spe       Class        Final
Acrobatics: __10__ + __15__ + ______+ _____ = __25__

And remember that if you do not invest any DP into a skill it takes a -30, so with 0 DP invested;
Ex:               Base        Bonus       Spe        Class         Final
Acrobatics: __0__ + __15__ + _____+ __-30__ = _-15_

#3 Stilgar

Stilgar

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

You also need to remember the Natural bonus you gain each level.  You get to choose one secondary skill in which you add the characteristic bonus.  The pregen characters from the DM's toolkit factor this in.

#4 Dramatic Exit

Dramatic Exit

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:44 PM

Stilgar said:

You also need to remember the Natural bonus you gain each level.  You get to choose one secondary skill in which you add the characteristic bonus.  The pregen characters from the DM's toolkit factor this in.

Note that in the new Core Exxet you receive two of these (one must be on a physical stat, one on a mental stat) per level, and also receive +10 to five secondary abilities of the player's choice each level.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS