Empire

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Doc9

Doc9

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:01 AM

Once again...the Empire comes out with a powerful collection of cards. I do admit, Chaos and Dark Elves were also given a decent selection of options in their respectrive packs as well. But, Empire had such a huge advantage before their pack...and now with their new pack...damn. They rock. I would love to see the High Elves get some love in this next cycle.

#2 gr4ffi

gr4ffi

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

Do you think Verena will still be a super strong deck? I must admit, the loss of Derricksburg Forge does not feel so deep anymore, considering cards like the Zoo or Sons of coin. Empire now has some decent options for economy. I think they might even choose Rodrik before Warpstones and get away with enough speed. Also they got even more flexibility for drawing cards.

The question is: Will there be another aspect that can be as strong as a Verena-Deck? I dont see it yet if there is. Pirate-Rush is strong, but not an allrounder though. Imp did get no good removal this cycle - it has to be verena still!!?

Apart from that, i think they are doing a great job with balancing the 6 races. You are right, HE should get a bigger buff next, as they were the weakest all the time. But i also do see Orc at the bottom of the list, as they are having clear disadvantages against Dwarf, but especially DE and since this cycle also Chaos. Or am i wrong?

#3 Papa Khann

Papa Khann

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:09 AM

Doc9 said:

Once again...the Empire comes out with a powerful collection of cards. I do admit, Chaos and Dark Elves were also given a decent selection of options in their respectrive packs as well. But, Empire had such a huge advantage before their pack...and now with their new pack...damn. They rock. I would love to see the High Elves get some love in this next cycle.

I predict that you will be happy with the BloodQuest cycle.

; )

Papa

#4 Titan

Titan

• Members
  • 527 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:32 AM

The one thing I've always noticed about Empire is that their mechanics stress resource collection and card draw the way Chaos stresses unit destruction or DE stresses card discard. The problem with that, is it provides for a very game breaking style of play, because resource gathering and card draw are probably the two most important things a deck can do. It wouldn't be too bad if they only did one, but doing both is flirting with disaster. And because that is now it's established identity, it continues to be kept up. I'm starting to think that because of this, Empire will always be near, or at the top. 

#5 Doc9

Doc9

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:58 AM

Well...the new High Elf legend is an interesting step in the right direction. Actually makes their capital center somewhat feasable. Still resource heavy...I know...but doable. Also, the new White Tower Mage? is pretty cool. High Elves have some decent attachments. Hmmmmm.....

#6 rzarectz

rzarectz

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:58 PM

I agree empire is still strong as hell and their pack does seem to be one of the better ones.  But I really like some of the new HE cards as well. I think Convocation of Eagles is an extremely powerful card to have in the early turns of the game. I also really like the whole moving resources around  on cards theme that they seem to be introducing. Looking forward to see how it develops! 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS