Trying to escape + It's Alive! + Panic

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mauricio

Mauricio

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:20 AM

What happens when an investigator with the it's alive! trauma card tryes to escape the house, but the moment he attempts to move through the escape door, he fails the willpower test, takes 1 horror and the keeper immediately plays the panic trauma card, moving the investigator back 3 spaces. I thought in 3 possibilities:

A) The investigator moves out of the board, but the panic card forces him back at the room where he escaped + 2 more moves.

B) The investigator moves out of the board and is out of the game, so he can't be affected by the panic card.

C) The investigator doesn't move out of the board, because the panic card plays before he actually moves, so he goes back 3 spaces, then he resume his move step.

#2 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

Mauricio said:

What happens when an investigator with the it's alive! trauma card tryes to escape the house, but the moment he attempts to move through the escape door, he fails the willpower test, takes 1 horror and the keeper immediately plays the panic trauma card, moving the investigator back 3 spaces. I thought in 3 possibilities:

A) The investigator moves out of the board, but the panic card forces him back at the room where he escaped + 2 more moves.

B) The investigator moves out of the board and is out of the game, so he can't be affected by the panic card.

C) The investigator doesn't move out of the board, because the panic card plays before he actually moves, so he goes back 3 spaces, then he resume his move step.

C sounds best. The reason being is the investigator is receiving a horror as he is about to move through the door. That pretty well freezes the game for the Keeper to play a trauma. Had it been any other case, once that investigator successfully slips from his space to escaping from the board, he is free.

Is It's Alive! from Forbidden Alchemy? The other question I have is if there should be a D) step, which says:

D) The investigator doesn't move out of the board because the panic card plays before he actually moves; he goes back 3 spaces, then he resumes to take the rest of his turn if he has another move or action left because his previous move was negated.

Thus far, go with C though.

#3 Mauricio

Mauricio

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:42 PM

Tromdial said:

Is It's Alive! from Forbidden Alchemy?

No, it's from the main game.

Tromdial said:

C sounds best. The reason being is the investigator is receiving a horror as he is about to move through the door. That pretty well freezes the game for the Keeper to play a trauma. Had it been any other case, once that investigator successfully slips from his space to escaping from the board, he is free.

I think that C makes more sense too, because "It's Alive!" says that when an investigator attempts to move through a door, he must make a willpower test.

#4 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

Mauricio said:

No, it's from the main game.

Oh, yeah! I forgot it's the card with the doorknob flavor text. Hee-hee. Haven't played in a while.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS