• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

Gang,

Okay so we have a lot of interest in the Open MapTools session coming in two weeks. I am aiming for Saturday the 10th of March. My timezone is PST (GMT -8).

My thinking is to begin the session around 12:00 noon PST, and go for 3-4 hours. We will keep it largely informal and play demo scenarios, learn the tool and have a good time.

Download MapTools at http://www.rptools.net/ (we are u...sing version 1.3.b87)
Also get Java (follow instructions on RPTools page)
You will also need Skype. Shoot me a contact request at jburke.design

Pleae let me know your thoughts and if you are interested.

Gitzman

#2 Watcher

Watcher

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

I am absolutely interested.

In fact, I wrote to you earlier this week asking about your MapTools framework. I am an experienced MapTools user (I've been running Paizo AP's in MapTools for a couple of years now, with a Vent Server).

I own the Core Rules, but I've never been able to play or run the game. I really want to try out your framework and get a "player" experience before I try to GM it. However with support through Maptools, I hope to introduce the game to new people.

So please, let me know what I have to do to reserve a spot.

Thanks!

Jim

#3 Ceodryn

Ceodryn

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:44 AM

Great idea! The more people are willing to play online, the more the game can spread.

I would have love to participate but the 10th is booked already for me, maybe next time. 

Jim, if you are seeking players later on after you try maptool, let me know, I'd love to play.

Cheers

Ceodryn

#4 Nisses

Nisses

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:25 AM

Great initiative :)

Unfortunately I can't make that myself either.

Perhaps put in how many "slots" you're planning to fill and if any others are GMing from Reckless Dice or just you? (So: Just 1 table, or multiple)

#5 Watcher

Watcher

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:08 PM

Ceodryn said:

Great idea! The more people are willing to play online, the more the game can spread.

I would have love to participate but the 10th is booked already for me, maybe next time. 

Jim, if you are seeking players later on after you try maptool, let me know, I'd love to play.

Cheers

Ceodryn

Definitely.  I'll have to juggle it with my Pathfinder obligations, but I have been itching to try this for a long long time.

I'm curious if Gitzman's framework will allow me to add additional rule content that came out after May the 1st of 2011 (which is the last time he updated, unless he did so in the last few days).

#6 Boehm

Boehm

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:13 PM

I might be interested as well .... how would we play online ? which kind of interval are people considering?

(GMT +1)

#7 Belizan

Belizan

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:59 AM

Where do you want people to contact you?  On this thread?  I'm not sure what the 10th looks like for me at the moment, but I would love the opportunity to get a first hand run thru of your WFRP 3 framework.  Do you have any more details available?  Should people "RSVP", or should we just "show up" on the 10th with Skype and Maptools (b87 release) installed.... Is there a particular server name you are going to use on Maptools?

#8 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:26 AM

I am keeping this very informal regarding registration and who can attend.  I'd like anyone who is interested to drop by and stay as long as they like, GM, PC or other.

I will provide server login information and instructions when we get closer to the 10th.  But the basics are this: 

1. You should send me a contact request via Skype to: jburke.design (we will be using a group Skype call to communicate)
  2. You should download MapTools and JAVA (instructions on the MapTools page).
  3. Optional: You should downlaod one of the modules from GitzmansGallery (i'd suggest the template adventure).  Toy around with it, and more importantly read the PDF which Emerikol and I wrote a little while back teaching people how the basics of using MapTools and the WFRP3 module. In the PDF are the suggested settings for MapTools.  This is highly recommended to make sure MapTools operates efficiently with the maps and rulesets we've created.

Gitzman

#9 Pedro Lunaris

Pedro Lunaris

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:57 AM

Hi Gitz! I already sent you an invitation via Skype. Got MapTools and tryed it once or twice. I actually used it as a resource in An Eye for an Eye. Your setting is better than the maps given in the adventure.

So, I'm eager to be with you on March 10th. I'm at GMT-3, so I think it won't be a problem, since the game is to start around (your) noon - did I get that right? Are we going to make the characters online, or should we bring some pre-generated ones?

#10 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:25 AM

Some pre-gen ones would be great, we will create the tokens while we are online together and transfer over the statistics.

This conversation is going strong on our facebook page: Search "Reckless Dice".  There are several people already talking about MapTools and the event, check it out.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Reckless-Dice-Podcast/221753911174822

Gitzman

#11 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:24 AM

Glad to hear we are getting a lot of feedback on this.  Looks like we have between 4-7 people looking to participate at this time. I'm happy to work with more.

If this time/date does not work for anyone, I'd like to do it again some time in the next month or so.

Those who are planning on attending are using the Reckless Dice Facebook page to get orgonized if you are so inclined.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Reckless-Dice-Podcast/221753911174822

Gitzman

#12 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:49 AM

Hey dudes,

We'll i'll be posting the login information to the MapTools session later this afternoon.

As a reminder, it begins at 12 Noon, March 10th, PST (GMT-8)

Gitzman

Shoot me a Skype contact request if you plan to join: jburkedesign

#13 Matchstickman

Matchstickman

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:42 AM

I thought I saw a post on your facebook page that you weren't going to record this one, is it OK to join you to listen and not play?

I know how to play via maptools but would be interested in seeing a published adventure played via maptools and on hearing how to explain it to others (I'm very poor at teaching).

#14 Matchstickman

Matchstickman

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:30 AM

Ignore my last post, it's not worth the extra hassle to you to have an unknown quantity join, even as just an observer.

#15 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:33 AM

Feel free and join in, in any capacity you like.  Listen or play i'm cool with it.

MapTools Update:

Here is the server information and instructions for loggin in:
Launch MapTools (make sure to set Max Memory to 1024, Min Memory to 256 ans Stack Size to 5.

Click File: Connect to Server: Enter a Username (what you will appear as to others), no password. Locate the game "Z Reckless Dice WFRP3" at the bottom of the list, and click OK. Be sure to join the game as a Player.

At that point you will begin downloading the adventure and joining the session, it may take a little while depending on your connection speed. But by this point you shoudl already be in our Skype call so we can help you through the process =)

Gitzman

#16 alp

alp

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:47 AM

Hi all,

I may pop in and just listen and watch for a while if that is OK.

I did not think I was going to be free, but plans have changed and I find myself with some free time.

My skype name is adamleonpope

Cheers

Adam

#17 Gallows

Gallows

• Members
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:05 AM

I'll certainly be up for it as a player :)

#18 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

Thanks everyone for participating.  We have 8-10 community members join us and play through a demo scenario.  Good times.  Sorry for those who could not make it.

If you are still interested in learning MapTools or hearing what went on during our session we have posted the recorded "MapTools Socail" at http://www.RecklessDice.com.

Thanks again! There were some very creative and energetic minds on the call.

Gitzman

#19 Gallows

Gallows

• Members
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

Please post if you run another session :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS