What paint supplies to get?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Zjb12

Zjb12

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:19 PM

What brands, types or model paint and colors would people say are the best to try and get as I head out to the store tomorrow?  I want to be able to start doing some work on the miniatures when I get them ordered and here!  Also, since this fine of painting will be new to me, any articles, or threads on help would be good!  Thanks! 

#2 Psykostevo

Psykostevo

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

Paint is all preference of the painter. Games Workshop paint is always reliable. I have web having good luck with some of the P3 Color from Privater Press. Never cared much for Vallejo. 

#3 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

Zjb12 said:

What brands, types or model paint and colors would people say are the best to try and get as I head out to the store tomorrow?  I want to be able to start doing some work on the miniatures when I get them ordered and here!  Also, since this fine of painting will be new to me, any articles, or threads on help would be good!  Thanks! 

Your going to get bombarded with answers. Everything from Tamiya, Valejo, Polly-S, GW, Army Painter all work great. Clear coats are rustoleum Painters Touch gloss or Valspar clear gloss followed by testors or model master flat coat. Its whatever you can get access to or know where to order from thats close by thats best.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS