Star Phantoms Chapter write-up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Interrogator-Chaplain Regulus

Interrogator-Chaplain Regulus

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:49 AM

I am currently working on a write-up for the Star Phantoms.  They strike me as a very interesting Chapter, and I love that the revere the God-Emperor.

The Solo and Squad Mode Abilities are giving me trouble though.  I do not have the Badab War books, so all of my information comes from the Wikis.  Any ideas here would be very welcome.  I have everything else down, at least in a rough format, but these have me stumped.

If you all would like, I can post the finished version once I'm done.

Feel free to provide ideas for any other area of Chapter rules, as nothing is set in stone yet.

Thanks in advance!

#2 Mkall

Mkall

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:37 AM

I'm not certain how much info is on the various wikis out there, but it seems the Star Phantoms REALLY like the use of ranged combat and heavy weapons.  Maybe a squad mode that collectively boosts the effectiveness of several heavy weapons in the squad and a solo mode that enhances magnitude damage and adds/enhances devastating values and increases the short/medium/long ranges of ranged weapons?

#3 Interrogator-Chaplain Regulus

Interrogator-Chaplain Regulus

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:23 AM

Thanks! I really like the Devastating idea.  That seems to capture the "overwhelming force" concept very well.  I think for squad modes I'll look into some of the other Chapters.  I know both the Dark Angels and Salamanders have good long range Squad Modes.

#4 Ladegard

Ladegard

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:22 AM

You know, I might think about switching those around.  A squad mode that improves Devastating/Magnitude damage and such might fit a bit better.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS