UK Tournament where YOU want it

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 FlorisH

FlorisH

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:02 AM

There are clearly people playing Dust Tactics in the UK so it should be possible to organise a tournament.
I understand that for many travel time and cost come into play when deciding if they will attend a tournament so for this reason I'm starting this topic.
All I want to find out at the moment is roughly where you are in the UK (just town/city name) and how far you are willing to travel for a Dust tournament.
If you are part of a group and the other players will be happy to travel with you then include that info.

By posting in this topic you in no way commit yourself to playing in the tournament. Once I have a bit of an idea about what city is best for most I'll look into sourcing a location and will post as much details as possible so the tournament becomes an event people are willing and capable of attending.

For now all I need is your location (town/city) and maximum distance you are willing to travel (in miles).

Here goes:

FlorisH: Leicester, 250 miles

#2 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:44 AM

Way down in the SE

Dave, Gillingham Kent - 100 miles-ish

#3 Nivanti

Nivanti

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:02 PM

Hi

Im in Norfolk and in the club i run we have about 10 Dust players, Its very possible at some point in the future we will hold a tournament also. When you look at all the forums ect there are Dust players around in the UK and probably quite a few.

I think what we need is some way for all UK players to link be it a facebook group or a forum I know there is the confederation of the red dragon, they use to be the main UK forum for AT43 so would presume those players are very up on Dust.

I cant speak for the others in my group but i'd travel 100 miles to play in a tournament .

#4 zedcuk

zedcuk

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:43 AM

Im in the SE - Maidstone to be precise  - around 100miles would be the limit of my travel i think.

That said id be tempted to talk to the guys at No Mans land to run a tournament locally one weekend as well for anyone in the SE who plays.

#5 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:04 AM

zedcuk said:

Im in the SE - Maidstone to be precise  - around 100miles would be the limit of my travel i think.

That said id be tempted to talk to the guys at No Mans land to run a tournament locally one weekend as well for anyone in the SE who plays.

I'm up for that one, not been there yet, but what about parking?  You have to be a millionaire to park in Maidstone all day.

#6 King Jareth

King Jareth

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:03 PM

Sheffield for me.

I only play with 1 other guy though and we arent really into the whole competative play thing mainly getting together over a few beers and plaything the campaign missions then having a few more beers discussing our tactical blunders and our (my) bad dice rolling.

#7 FlorisH

FlorisH

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:42 AM

King Jareth said:

Sheffield for me.

I only play with 1 other guy though and we arent really into the whole competative play thing mainly getting together over a few beers and plaything the campaign missions then having a few more beers discussing our tactical blunders and our (my) bad dice rolling.

I used to run AT-43 tournaments (including the UK Championships twice) and one of the things I always had at the top of my list was for the day to be about fun and having a good time with friends. If I organise tournaments for Dust they will be done in that same spirit.

I'll leave this topic going for a few days and then I'll start looking at a map of the UK to find the best player "overlapping" city. 

#8 badgertheking

badgertheking

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:22 AM

Im in Norwich one of the aftermath gaming groups members. I would travel a few hundread miles as im sure we could get a car load of us to go together. Im also sure we will have some form of tourni aranged at are club one day.

#9 FlorisH

FlorisH

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:00 AM

We have some locations and an indication of travel willingness. I'll see if I can put it all in a map and will then post that and we can then take it from there.

#10 Bartali

Bartali

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

Birmingham, willing to travel to most places.

Where are UK players buying their Dust Tactics stuff from ? Most UK websites seem to have poor stock levels.

#11 FlorisH

FlorisH

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:18 AM

Bartali said:

Birmingham, willing to travel to most places.

Where are UK players buying their Dust Tactics stuff from ? Most UK websites seem to have poor stock levels.

Getting Dust items in the UK is a pain in the backside.

We are getting more players around the country and the plan for a Dust tournament are still on the table.

#12 Bartali

Bartali

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:54 AM

Good to hear the plan for a tournament is still on the table. Just getting stuff together after purchasing the Revised Core set, so would be interested to here what points level I should be aiming towards for something like this ?

Also, looking for players in West Mids (UK).

#13 Bartali

Bartali

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:46 AM

As a suggestion, how about a UK meet at somewhere like Maelstrom before organising a tournament ?

Would help to get the ball rolling, and would only need a few players to make it worthwhile.

#14 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:46 AM

First time I've tried making one of these so I hope it works.  It's a Google map thingy where you can place your own locator pin to see where players are: http://maps.google.c...b7750b0482708cf

#15 Bartali

Bartali

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:04 AM

Added myself to the map

#16 FlorisH

FlorisH

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:35 AM

I've added myself to the map.

I've now got the maps of three revised core sets so if people don't like to bring (or can't bring) maps then there is at least enough for 6 players to play the same mission. Now if FFG got back to me about organising tournaments I could kick things into gear.

#17 Bartali

Bartali

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:25 AM

I can bring a revised core too if needed.

What are aiming to get from FFG ? Do you/we need their input to get the ball rolling ?

#18 FlorisH

FlorisH

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:06 AM

Bartali said:

I can bring a revised core too if needed.

What are aiming to get from FFG ? Do you/we need their input to get the ball rolling ?

We don't need FFG to get the ball rolling. I was just hoping to be able to buy one of their tournament kits so we have badges and score cards to hand out. I also believe they come with some alternative missions.

Maelstrom Games sounds like a good idea. I've looked at their website and they allow tournaments that they don't organise themselves.
Anybody already visit them or am I loading the baby in the car and paying them a visit? (not far for me).

#19 Bartali

Bartali

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

Not been to Maelstrom myself, but have heard plenty of good reports about it. The 40K UK GT is held there amongst many others.

It has a bar and does food.

#20 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:24 AM

Wayland games will also have a big venue once their move is completed, will be further south.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS