Skill point usage question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Roxysteve

Roxysteve

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

Apologies if this has been asked before (searched several variations on theme but can't uncover it if it was).

Can skill tokens be spent to add luck to luck?

This came up in a game of Til Death Do Us Part on Saturday in which a card called for a "Luck Test".

On the one hand it is a trait test and skill can be spent to add luck to a trait. You got lucky. Yeah, I can get behind that mechanic.

On the other, it is doubling up the luck! Luck is luck. It is silly to me to suggest you can add it to itself.

What is everyone else doing?

Thanks.

Also:  Is there any way to stop the blessed forum window scrolling my typing line to the bottom of my browser frame every time I hit "Enter" for a new line, for Azathoth's sake? It's d___ed annoying to say the least, especially on this laptop; the type is tiny (and the browser zoom seems to have been helpfully disabled too, so I can't self-help myself out of the situation) and I'd like it in my sight-line while I type.

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,258 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

"A player may never spend a skill point to add his Luck to his Luck." (p. 13)

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 Puddingsnack

Puddingsnack

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:11 AM

The manual says that you cannot add luck to luck in the section that explains action points.

#4 Roxysteve

Roxysteve

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:34 PM

You know, I looked and looked and could not find that reference when I needed it.

Thanks. I'm particularly grateful for the page reference.

Appreciate your time and effort on my behalf.

Steve.

#5 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,258 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

Roxysteve said:

Appreciate your time and effort on my behalf.

Steve.

Honestly, took about 15 seconds (time it took to open Adobe and get to the MoM folder to open the rulebook, I knew where the reference was in the rules).

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS