Greyed out items?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nicolelee

nicolelee

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:53 AM

I recently purchased the Elder Signs: Omens game, and I enjoy playing it quite a bit, even though the first few times were rough because I didn't understand a lot of the mechanics. After a few days though, I finally got the hang of it, and am regularly scoring around the 4500 mark when I win (which is not much, but it's something). 

However, one thing still really bothers me. I'm wondering why is it that I can't use some items with certain people prior to conjuring. For example, right now I have Vincent in  Yuggoth, and even though I have two red glyph items with me, they're "blacked out" and I'm not able to use them. There's no red glyph locks that I can see.

Is there some kind of rule that says only certain people can use certain items, and only at certain locations? 

Thanks for any guidance!

#2 MeSako

MeSako

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:50 AM

The red glyph lock is in effect on that picture..
Look to the left, you see all the green circles, and a yellow and a red.. those represent your glyphs, and a green and the red one has a padlock on them, meaning they are locked..

On the map screen, look for a red circle. That circle marks what adventure (or monster at that location) locks the glyph. The circle goes in and out of visibility, so lots of ppl miss that.

#3 josey wales

josey wales

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:36 AM

It took me a few plays to pick up on that also.  Definately makes it easier to come up with a winning strategy when you are able to use all your items.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS