My table setup, show me yours!

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 Psykostevo

Psykostevo

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

I got bored and decided to set up a 5 x 5 table with terrain for a sort of urban brawl. I wanted to see both of my Allies and Axis armies out ofthe boxes. 

Its so big it was starting to look like a 40k game. I guess I am on my way to a Dust Warfare army. 

#2 Psykostevo

Psykostevo

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:42 PM

#3 Psykostevo

Psykostevo

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:48 PM

The giant box of units. I have way too many little troops. Inshould get armor 3 command and the hero boxes. Then maybe large walkers. 

#4 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

As you asked, here's mine:

#5 Psykostevo

Psykostevo

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:43 AM

Nice! I like the winter trees and stuff. You've definitely painted more of your stuff than me. Are those barricades the downloadable ones your print out and glue together?

#6 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:03 AM

I've got one of everything and all is painted :)  And yes those are the printable barriers - they are excellent, if you haven't already done so, download now!

#7 Psykostevo

Psykostevo

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

Should they be printed up on photo paper, or just printer paper?

#8 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

Not photo paper, just the paper with thickest stock you can get through your printer.

#9 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:56 PM

You can use matte photo paper if you wanted a slightly better quality but 160gsm paper is plenty strong enough for these. I also added an extra tab at the bottom and bent back and glued to itself for that added bit of strength.  Also I use paper clips to fasten them together to make longer walls to help prevent them getting moved on the board.  I also customised a few by making plantforms and control panels for a couple.

#10 Psykostevo

Psykostevo

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:08 AM

Good ideas. I they move around its gonna piss me off. I love the game Scrabble but can't play it on a board because the freaking tiles move around. 

#11 Fortuda

Fortuda

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:58 AM

Hi, amazing table setup, where i can find the barriers? there is a site that i could buy itmes for my table setup?  thanks

#12 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:35 AM

You can download the vard walls from here; boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/36367/dust-tactics

My  building ruins are from Gale Force Nine and come ready painted at a good price.

The trees are from any model railway shop or ebay.

Psykos containers look like ones from the defunct AT43 game.

Don't know where his barriers come from.

#13 Psykostevo

Psykostevo

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:40 AM

The containers are definitely AT-43. What a sweet game. 

The concrete barriers are from AT-43, well atleast some of them are. The sandbags and walls are from my local hobby store. And my ruined buildings are the Imperial Sector from Warhammer 40k. 

I have other bunkers and terrain from AT-43 that are awesome, but I didn't put them on the board. 

#14 Dcal12

Dcal12

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:09 PM

Here is my playing table and units.  I use painted fence pole caps for walls.

I didn't put any of my wallsn or bunker from At-43.

#15 Mattador Actual

Mattador Actual

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

I hate you.

i don't really hate you.  that's just amazing.

/My reinforcements get here after wedding stuff is done. 

#16 Zjb12

Zjb12

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

DCal12: the base plates your trees are insterted into: did you make the base part, and if so, out of what material?  Interested in making my own sometime.

#17 Psykostevo

Psykostevo

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:02 PM

I suddenly feel inadequate. I haven't seen that much Dust minis even if you add up all the boxes at the three local stores that try selling it. 

#18 Dcal12

Dcal12

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:40 AM

Zjb12 said:

DCal12: the base plates your trees are insterted into: did you make the base part, and if so, out of what material?  Interested in making my own sometime.

I used the terrain tiles that I received with the game.  I never use them to play and they are the perfect size and thickness.  I just bought some tree's glued them to the tile and then I bought a box of snow terrain at the Hobby store.  It has everything you need to make a snow terrain including a foam brush to put the mixture on the base.

#19 Zjb12

Zjb12

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:58 AM

Dcal12 said:

Zjb12 said:

I used the terrain tiles that I received with the game.  I never use them to play and they are the perfect size and thickness.  I just bought some tree's glued them to the tile and then I bought a box of snow terrain at the Hobby store.  It has everything you need to make a snow terrain including a foam brush to put the mixture on the base.

Thanks!  Makes total sense, just wasn't sure if maybe you had bought some thin type of board/foam and cut it yourself.  

#20 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

With the Emperors permission this is a board I built using Forge World components and then casting them to make this large set up-4'w x 6'l. I bulit the two big bunkers in the back of the board out of 1/4" thick sintra. Some of the tire walls were bought and cast as well. The minis in picks are AT-43 and some others so excuse my use of none Dust minis. The game was not out at the time this board was bulit. It was built for 40k and AT-43 use.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS