Working on Laser Grenadiers

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Psykostevo

Psykostevo

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:27 PM

I finally settled on a basing technique for my axis and started on my laserwerfers. I decided to go with a bone/skull environmental mask, as well as updating my army to have the "wolfs angle" badges from the 2nd SS Panzerdivision. I figured a little historical couldn't hurt, plus the emblem is hand painted, not decal. 

#2 Psykostevo

Psykostevo

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

I really do wish I had a better camera. There is a lot of highlighting blending and shading that dies not appear in the photos. 

#3 Lska

Lska

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

Very nice job, as you say not all the details are well seen here but work on the base is pure awsome!;)
I must say i'm not a fan of the red pice of material below the coat, but still the uniform look good.

#4 Ghrik

Ghrik

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:06 AM

Really nice, can you show uns a front view of the mask?

#5 Psykostevo

Psykostevo

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:04 AM

Lska said:

Very nice job, as you say not all the details are well seen here but work on the base is pure awsome!;)
I must say i'm not a fan of the red pice of material below the coat, but still the uniform look good.

I did the red and white on the bottom as my little homage to my flamboyant colors that I love. It's hard for me to sit and paint in such muddy colors. I'm already colorblind as it is!

I know I showed you some flamboyant models before, but an entire unit is something to see lol. 

#6 Psykostevo

Psykostevo

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:29 AM

#7 Psykostevo

Psykostevo

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:30 AM

#8 Lska

Lska

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:37 AM

Oh now you can see the diffence, and i understand the 2 color-shceme for the coat is a kind of camo? Lookin good. I have forgot about your color-liking style:D In that case he is almost only darks and browns;)

#9 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:02 AM

Looks good!! Lets see more when you can.

#10 Maximum

Maximum

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

The style is really great and the basing is excellent.

#11 Psykostevo

Psykostevo

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

I typically paint grunts like him to look good from across the table. That's why the contrasts are a bit more exaggerated than most are used to. 

Heroes I typically paint for up close. 

#12 KillaRr

KillaRr

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:06 PM

The white face mask is something I will use on my own laser grenadiers!

Realy nice painting man.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS