NY Toy Fair pics

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 ImmortalJedi

ImmortalJedi

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:13 AM

I also posted this on the LCG page, but here are some images of the games from the NY Toy Fair. From the pictures, it looks like 2 TIE Fighters and 1 X-Wing in the Core Set.

http://rebelscum.com.../FantasyFlight/

#2 bsmith13

bsmith13

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:38 PM

Finally, something!

Even though I was prepared for 2 TIEs vs 1 X-Wing in the core set, I'm still a little disappointed to see that as the final mix.  I wonder how soon we will see individual fighters after the initial release of the core set.

#3 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:57 PM

Bummer about the ships, but it's good to see a box finally.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#4 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:29 AM

I think this is the first time we've seen the name of the designer, too. 'Jay Little'. Ring a bell?

#5 bsmith13

bsmith13

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:03 AM

I. J. Thompson said:

I think this is the first time we've seen the name of the designer, too. 'Jay Little'. Ring a bell?

No.  Who is Jay Little?

#6 lingster

lingster

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:28 AM

Notice how the box is a shrink wrapped mock-up of the actual box?

The "window" to show the minis isn't even a window.   it's FLAT.

Sheeze.  not even any good stuff out of it.  just a shrinkwrapped box f waht things could look like if things were to come true.

Can't we get something like a preview?  pics of the actual minis, prototype or otherwise??  And not mock-ups of the WOTC ships...

#7 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:11 AM

lingster said:

The "window" to show the minis isn't even a window.   it's FLAT.

Ha ha ha. I just have to laugh at myself. I didn't even realize that was supposed to be a window to the figures. I just assumed it was a picture of figures on a box and I thought it was quite silly looking. Now that I understand what it's supposed to be, the idea doesn't seem so tacky.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#8 501stBattalion

501stBattalion

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:17 AM

Really excited for X-wing and Star Wars LCG!!  Definitely be dropping some $$ on both these games!!  I just hope FFG comes out with them sooner than 2012 Holidays. 

#9 Roberious

Roberious

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:23 AM

Hopefully better then the Star Wars Space battle mini game that Wizards/Hasbro brought out a while back. Great ships but boring game play.

And isn't Jay Little the designer of Blood Bowl Team Manager and Choas in the Old world expansion?

#10 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

Roberious said:

And isn't Jay Little the designer of Blood Bowl Team Manager and Choas in the Old world expansion?

Correct! And here was me thinking Corey Konieczka was behind Blood Bowl Team Manager - that was actually the reason I bought it, because of his involvement with the Star Wars LCG. But it's a good game, so no harm done.

• BaronFel likes this

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#11 teufelwolf@yahoo.com

teufelwolf@yahoo.com

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:40 PM

#12 Zoccola

Zoccola

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:48 PM

Rise.... Rise! RISE! RISE FROM THE DEAD OH THREAD OF YORE, SPECULATION OF YESTERYEAR.

• Radarman5 likes this

Rebels: 6 Xwing, 3 Ywings, 2 Awings, 1 YT-1300, 1 HWK, 4 Bwings, 2 Ewings, 4 Z95s

Empire: 8 TIEs, 4 Interceptors, 2 Advanced, 2 Firesprays, 2 Bombers, 1 Shuttle, 2 Phantoms, 3 Defenders

Scum: 4 Z95, 3 Ywings, 1 HWK, 2 Firesprays

#13 AngryAngel

AngryAngel

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:51 PM

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE !!! :: Enter the random visitor, who must now battle Hades, for the daughter of Zues, becoming a Werewolf !! ::

• teufelwolf@yahoo.com likes this

#14 father911

father911

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:57 PM

Klaatu Barada NNNNNNecktie. Nectar. Nickel. Noodle. It's an "N" word, it's definitely an "N" word! Klaatu... Barada... N [clears his throat into his hand, then pauses] Okay... that's it!
  • weaponxmerc, Revanchist, Joe Boss Red Seven and 2 others like this

#15 Stronghammer

Stronghammer

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:35 PM

Makes me think of this

Edited by Stronghammer, 22 August 2014 - 08:36 PM.

• winterdyne and brutalferret like this

#16 Pygon

Pygon

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:09 AM

Just three ships in core?  That isn't much!  How are they going to keep the game alive?

• AdmiralThrawn and brutalferret like this

Core/Wave 1: 4 X-Wings, 3 Y-Wings, 8 TIE Fighters, 3 TIE Advanceds; Wave 2: 2 YT-1300s, 3 A-Wings, 2 Firesprays, 3 TIE Interceptors

Wave 3: 3 B-Wings, 3 TIE Bombers, 3 HWK-290s, 2 Lambda Shuttles; Imperial Aces: 2 Royal Guard Interceptors, 2 Elite Interceptors

Huge ships: 1 Tantive IV, 2 Transports, 2 alternate X-Wings; Rebel Aces: 1 prototype A-Wing, 1 Elite B-Wing

Wave 4: 3 E-Wings, 6 Z95s, 3 TIE Defenders, 3 TIE Phantoms

#17 Hobojebus

Hobojebus

Tie Defender Ace

• Members
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:12 AM

Someone get me my shotgun, damn zombies up again.

• winterdyne and michigun like this

#18 DoubleNot7

DoubleNot7

• Members
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:35 AM

Looks promising, I may get a set. Hopefully mistakes will not be made.
  • winterdyne likes this

Enimo Et Fide

#19 catachanninja

catachanninja

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:52 AM

Will the meta be able to handle the lack of symmetry between ships? If imperials get two ships and rebels get one they're gonna be way OP

• AdmiralThrawn likes this
Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

#20 AdmiralThrawn

AdmiralThrawn

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:55 AM

Wow I can't wait for the tie advanced! It's gonna be the most op ship in the game!

• teufelwolf@yahoo.com, gentgeen and catachanninja like this

"Information always matters. Bad information leads to bad tactics. Incomplete information leads to flawed strategy. Both can lead to defeat."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS