Combo decks

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jvirtue55

Jvirtue55

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:21 AM

I have seen that their seem to be alot of combo decks in Invasion and I for one love it I always liked combo decks please post cool combos you have seen they dont even have to be full decks

I have a question if this works like I think it does

deckbox.org/whi/Return%20to%20Glory

deckbox.org/whi/Grudge%20Thrower

deckbox.org/whi/Burying%20the%20Grudge

deckbox.org/whi/Peasant%20Militia

So I can build a militia man for 100 attack for free right?

#2 wraith428

wraith428

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:58 AM

I don't think so.  You've got three factions here so you have to make sure you have the proper loyalty symbols.  So there is a hidden cost there.

Return to Glory does look like it can return Peasant Militia indefinately. 

Grudge Thrower cost 1 resource each time its used so that is 1 resource each time you sac the Peasant Militia.

Burying the Grudge is a 1 time effect.  So best case scenario is you use all your resrouces to sac Peasant Militias and buff another unit.  Then play Bury the Grudge and gain all your resrouces back (1 for each Peasant Militia that entered the discard pile)... but I'm not sure it works that way.  I think the Peasant Militia card that is saced over and over again is the same unit... in which case it would only get you 1 resources... anyone have a clarification on that.  What its effect does not do is stay in play the rest of the turn.

If the idea is to buff the same Peasant Militia with its own sacrifices that won't work as a unit coming into play loses all benefits it had prior to entering the discard pile.  Its like a few unit is being played.

Those are my thoughts on the combo.

Wraith428

#3 Jvirtue55

Jvirtue55

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:14 AM

Bury is for the turn so it should keep generating resources

Yeah im hoping to pump the Pirates or some other good unit

#4 Mallumo

Mallumo

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:10 PM

Jvirtue55 said:

Bury is for the turn so it should keep generating resources

No. When you play it, you gain resources according to the number of units that entered discard piles this turn so far. Immediately, and only once. That's it.

#5 Jvirtue55

Jvirtue55

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:37 PM

Damm well that sucks

#6 Ellyrik

Ellyrik

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

Jvirtue55 said:

Damm well that sucks

No, even with 3 sacrifices on the thrower and a few 0-cost or cheap units (javascript:void(0);/*1329379124435*/javascript:void(0);/*1329379154249*/) it can be awesome!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS