List of Players

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Joram

Joram

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:28 PM

There isn't much to discuss about this game, but we who play it should make ourselves known anyway! If you enjoy this game, and are not in my list, please post a comment about what a great game this is.

1- Myself, Joram

2- Stefan

3-GreyLord

4- archbishopdan

5- bthermans

6- Jack Hooligan

7- uberursine

8- Hawknight

9- caradoc

#2 archbishopdan

archbishopdan

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:44 PM

I own this one and have played it enough times to know that I really like it.  Wish my group would let it hit the table more.

#3 Joram

Joram

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:59 PM

Wait a minute...

I can edit the original post! Which means I can add you to the list! I was thinking for a minute that I wouldn't be able to because the edit function got removed.

#4 bthermans

bthermans

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 01:50 PM

Check out if you can add me as well!

Played it a couple of times and really like it.

I am wondering about the continuous card draw option though (3 after each battle). Feels like it balances the run away leader syndrome (which is not bad in such a short game in my opinion, but my friends have problems with it). Any experience with this rule?

#5 longagoigo

longagoigo

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:59 AM

I had been thinking about this game for a long time and finally got it in my last big order.  I've worked through the rules in practice play against myself, but haven't had the chance to really play it with others yet.  I'm looking forward to it, but not sure when I'll be able to work in it.  If my gaming group were to expand exponentially I'd be able to get more things played.

#6 Jack Hooligan

Jack Hooligan

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:10 PM

This is an amazing game! We play it a few times a month during lunch at work, and we nearly always close out our game nights with a few games of Condo. The amount of entertainment this little game packs is amazing. Once your group settles into a few games (it plays in about 15-45 minutes) the strategy and mindgames become a lot of fun. My current favorite FFG game.

#7 uberursine

uberursine

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 08:49 AM

I've liked Condottiere for years, lookin' forward to playing with you guys. Any of you happen to live in North Dakota?

#8 Hawknight

Hawknight

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:43 AM

uberursine said:

I've liked Condottiere for years, lookin' forward to playing with you guys. Any of you happen to live in North Dakota?

I didn't think anyone ACTUALLY lived in North Dakota...i thought it was a giant conspiracy that had the pro-wrestler-actor dude from the Preditor at the top.

#9 uberursine

uberursine

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:35 AM

Um, Jesse "the Govenor" Ventura is in Minnesota, we have wind farms, Louis Lamour, and German food.

#10 caradoc

caradoc

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:32 PM

This game is wonderful.  Of the several hundred board games I own, this is one of the very best.  I really enjoy playing, and for years have continued to 'hanker' to play, despite the game seeing many outings.  Tha mix of card play (almost trick collecting) and board position is elegent and brilliant.  Ehrhard and Vitale have created a fantastic game I will always value and enjoy!!

You can list me down as a player and fan of this great little game!

Cheers,

Giles.

#11 Joram

Joram

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:43 PM

Updated the initial post.

I haven't added you yet, longagoigo, as you may not like the game.

#12 szmendryk

szmendryk

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:58 AM

As someone once said: " I LOVE this game ". I rate this game highly because it simple and I can take it anywhere I go. If any of you guys would be in Poland we could play a round or two.

#13 derros87

derros87

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:06 AM

i recently got the game and i play it a lot with my family it is a very good game  and i will love it for years to come

#14 cjohnson

cjohnson

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:01 AM

Condottiere is a great game. Easy to learn, difficult to master, as all good games should be. I only wish it had a magnetic board and markers to play on the road more easily.

Sign me up!

#15 alansa

alansa

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:03 AM

This is a great little game - produces a lot of excitement, tension and laughs.

Anyone in the Surrey/Berkshire/Middlesex region of the UK who wants to play, give me a shout! 

#16 Gwanum

Gwanum

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:02 PM

Great game with plenty of bluffing and backstabing.  Also its one of the few 6 player games I have that can be played in about an hour.

#17 Duo

Duo

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:54 PM

I'm new to this forum but I just wanted to say that I also enjoy how fast it is. So many games take hours to play, but this is a nice strategic game that can go very quickly.

#18 Torpedo

Torpedo

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 10:09 PM

I love this game as well, and I've only played it with one or two other players besides myself.  I'm anxious to play with more participants.  I imagine a six-player game would be filled with twists and turns as people meddle with battles they're not truly committed to.  Great fun!

#19 Skowza

Skowza

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:52 PM

Not sure if I'm going to pick this up yet (winter is the time for new games!) but this:

Gwanum said:

Great game with plenty of bluffing and backstabing.  Also its one of the few 6 player games I have that can be played in about an hour.

is encouraging.  I'll let you know if my group gets into this.

#20 gbup

gbup

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:37 PM

I love this game - the constant bluffing, desperate end game attempts by all the players to stop an army on the verge of victory, easy size to throw in a shoulder bag, and of course the wee wooden blocks!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS