LCG using VS System Mechanic

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:36 AM

VS System was the first game I ever went head over heals for. The superhero theme is what sucked me in, but after I became familiar with the game play I didn't care what was printed on the cards.

Is there a possibility Fantasy Flight could purchase this the game mechanic from Upper Deck and re-theme it into an LCG? Don't get me wrong, I would love to see super heroes on cards again, but the licensing is what killed the game to begin with.

I would be happy with a Twilight Imperium or Rune Wars theme as long as the mechanice was the same. Is this a possibility?

Play LCGs in Louisville KY :: Monthly tournaments at 2 locations!

Wednesdays :: Something2Do :: 6:30PM - 10:00PM

Fridays :: BluegrassMagic GameShop :: 6:30 PM - Midnight

RSVP :: meetup.com/cardboardgamers

#2 Jvirtue55

Jvirtue55

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:58 PM

We were just talking about this like GI Joe so the first box is like a 60 Card Joe and Cobra Deck then the like a cycle of other GI Joe cards for like 2 or 4 more boosters and you could do this for all kinds of different Licences and have all kinds of different VS games

#3 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:27 AM

I'd be up for almost any theme. I've never been a huge GI Joe fan, but if it was VS I could become a convert!

I was thinking of a Twilight Imperium theme that centered around infantry combat. There are so many races in that game you could easily capture the different play styles of the teams.

Play LCGs in Louisville KY :: Monthly tournaments at 2 locations!

Wednesdays :: Something2Do :: 6:30PM - 10:00PM

Fridays :: BluegrassMagic GameShop :: 6:30 PM - Midnight

RSVP :: meetup.com/cardboardgamers

#4 Jvirtue55

Jvirtue55

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:02 AM

We were thinking alot of smaller types of properties and each one doing their own "Block"

He Man

Voltron

Gi Joe

TMNT

Thundercats

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS