• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 eponette

eponette

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

Hi,

My players want to buy a car (equivalent to a van). Often, they are under disguise, therefore wothout the heavy weaponry. The van could be a away for them to have the heavy stuff near by if it is necesary. But where can I find the price of a vehicle?

Also, my psycher want to be a spacecraft pilot. Is it possible to buy one? If so, what could be the price

#2 ItsUncertainWho

ItsUncertainWho

• Members
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:00 AM

eponette said:

My players want to buy a car (equivalent to a van). Often, they are under disguise, therefore wothout the heavy weaponry. The van could be a away for them to have the heavy stuff near by if it is necesary. But where can I find the price of a vehicle?

One game I played in we had rented a car from the spaceport for a few hundred thrones for a week. Just make sure you get the insurance, it's well worth it. 

I would go for around 1,000 thrones for a poor, maybe common, quality vehicle. It would really depend on the planet your party is on and relative availability.

eponette said:

Also, my psycher want to be a spacecraft pilot. Is it possible to buy one? If so, what could be the price

Spacecraft would be out of the range of normal purchases. They would be hundreds of thousands of thrones in cost.

Theft, requisition from their Inquisitor, forged documents, spoils of battle, or access by situation would be your best bet.

#3 Musclewizard

Musclewizard

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:20 AM

I allowed a player of mine to buy a combat bike recently (not a space marine one for you tabletop players out there) for 500 thrones (not inlcuding any weapons).

There's a few threads in the depths of the forum discussion vehicles if you want to get some more info and those.

Now a spacecraft is something completly different. I'm assuming you are talking something like Vallkyrie, an Aquilla Lander or a Thunderbolt fighter.

Consider what a real car costs (I dunno actually but let's say something between 20 and 40 thousand dollars.)

Now consider what a modern airplane costs. As an example I found that the F-16 costs between 15 and 19 million dollars.

So yeah. Purchasing anything capable of (space)flight would be out of the question for an acolyte (probably Throne Agents as well).
Now theft, requisition or other aquisition on the other hand... ;)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS