Question concerning "Can Damage Galactica" Cylon card

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MegamanX

MegamanX

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:31 AM

My friends and I were playing a 6 player game last night and one of the players revealed themselves with the Cylon card that lets you draw 5 damage tokens and then choose and resolve 2 of them. 

Are the 5 damage tokens chosen, open information to all players? I ask because there was another Cylon player already revealed and wanted to discuss strategy on the best 2 tokens to resolve. I overruled him and said it was like the Admiral picking destination cards and that he couldn't help the newly revealed Cylon.

Thanks!

#2 Holy Outlaw

Holy Outlaw

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

My understanding of the rule is the same as yours. I believe you did it right. 

#3 napoleonWilson

napoleonWilson

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:37 AM

However,....although I have to disagree with you both that the tokens are not like destination cards and could be open to all. 

I think it would be more than fair to ask your cylon parter at the table, "If you had a choice which location on Galactica or Pegasus would you like to see damaged most?"  It's vague, it's non-specific and it doesn't give away any information about what the revealing cylon has in his hand. 

If the humans can interact and ask questions of each other then the cylons should too as long as it all happens at the table. You can't tell me that when it is gettiing harry for the humans at those late stages and the humans need to coordinate themselves you don't "advise" players to do other things than what they were going to do first or a player doesn't start doing the , "no don't xo apollo, go to the command launch 2 vipers let Apollo jump in one, use the cag then let him XO somebody else."  If you are going to say that the cylons can't collude on something as simple as which location should I damage, as a cylon I would say you cannot advise anybody on their turn, they have to do it all themselves. 

fair is fair.

Napoleon

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS