Discussing an unusual Orc Deck

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gr4ffi

gr4ffi

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:38 AM

Since i rarely saw someone post a deck lately, i'd like to come up with my favourite orc deck atm. I guess orc deck building in particular really lives from creativity atm, because there is a strong lack in variety making building decks a bit tricky. Anyways, It is NOT a tournament player, for it has some extreme counters like itzl, hekarti, douse the flames, basically everything that can put a dmg/ -hp on a single target.

2 Cloud of Flies
3 Dreams Uv Conkwest
3 Mork’s Teef Ritual
3 Tribal Tattoos
3 Warpstone Excavation
3 We'z Bigga!
3 Contested Village
3 Fists of Mork
3 Scrap Heap
3 Spider Riders
2 Guard Squigs
3 Lobber Crew
3 Pillage
3 Squig Herders
3 Squig Trackers
3 Sorcerer of Tzeentch
3 Squig Pen
3 Great Cave Squig
3 Skarsnik and Gobbla

The core combination in this would be Skarsnik and Gobbla together with Fists of Mork. Scrap Heap is a useful tool to protect Skarsnik during the phase he has 3dmg on him. With the Ritual you can get him out quickly. Everything else was supposed to be a good balance out of control, building up a fast economy, putting out some pressure and mainly producing dmg on skarsnik :)

You won't imagine how good Skarsnik is working with Fists till you saw it. Imagine having some questmarkers, one empty Sorcerer and a couple of dmg on your capital. Because of the facts, that you will draw a card after triggering Skarsniks action and the possibility to put Fists back on your deck, the dmg on the enemy capital will be insane. If he has nothing that can interrupt this chain reaction, then it may be possible to trigger Skarsnik up to 5 times a turn. Including indirect damage from Fists it is a pretty damn good pressure.

Opinions please (considering it is not a tournament deck)

#2 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:42 PM

gr4ffi said:

Opinions please (considering it is not a tournament deck)

Lord of Change+Urguck+Fists of Mork=infinite indirect damage combo. Sorry, couldn't stop myself

#3 gr4ffi

gr4ffi

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

Well it is not infinite, as you will get 2 indirect damage and fists of mork only costs you 1. You would need Skarsnik for Infinity :P Did you try that in a serious deck? Sounds kind of complex and lucky if opponent has no answer, but doable. Orcs FTW!

#4 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:09 PM

Yes, but you will always take 1 indirect damage (you spend the other to pay one more time for the tactic) while your opponent takes 2. Guess who's gonna die first Of course toughness or deck discard stops this, but still

#5 gr4ffi

gr4ffi

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:16 AM

Ignoring developments, capital dmg and further units on your side, you can cast Fists of Mork up to 26 times (2 on urguck with first one, then 3 on lord, then 22 on capital). 52 indirect damage on an opponent without toughness is gg. Having 30hp in units and developments is impossible, even in lategame.

Playing it safe (only 1dmg on urguck every time casting and 2 on the lord, having 2hp left on both) and including that one of your zones is burning (against rush deck) you can still go up to 16 times casting making 32 indirect damage on your opponent.

Still it is not that big of a deal to counter this, there are plenty ways not only discard and toughness. AND you won't have much fun with it anyway. It will be like "hey, i can play it now. do you have the counter? and he will be like: "no" -> gg then   OR   he:"yes" -> you: "can you counter it every time with that?" and he: "yes" -> gg then   OR   he says: "no, only one time" -> then you can play along :D

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS