Control

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Caralon

Caralon

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:03 AM

Hi!  My buddies and I are still figuring this game out and I think I discovered that we are doing Control wrong.

What is the point of controlling a space by leaving a power token on it when you march out?

The way we had been playing was that you could place an order on any territory that you had a unit on, OR that you had a control token on.  This seems to be wrong, and makes no sense anyways.  But, then . . . what is the control for?  Can someone just explain this mechanic for me?

#2 SerJordah

SerJordah

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:56 AM

When you leave a control token on a space you move out of, you accrue the benefits of the symbols on that space (Strongholds/Castles, Crows, Barrels) for upcoming Westeros phases. When 'Mustering', 'Supply', or 'Game of Thrones' cards are drawn, you certainly want to have as many tokens and/or units on the spaces w/ the corresponding icons as possible.

Also, routed enemy units cannot retreat into spaces in which you've placed power tokens.

Lastly, if you choose not to (or cannot) leave a power token when vacating a Stronghold or Castle, you must move yourself down one space on the Victory Track.

#3 SerJordah

SerJordah

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:59 AM

...and to answer your question, you only place orders on spaces containing units (not power tokens)

#4 Caralon

Caralon

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:41 AM

Aha!   Thanks!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS