We were discussing about playing a tournament using my Tannhauser online. I would like to give it a try.
To make things easy and simple for the first ever TO tourney (AKA pilot test Tannhauser Cup) :
- Players: I would like it to be 4 players only (4 factions),
- Game Mode: CTF
- Matches: 4 matches 3 regular matches and 1 final between the two with more wins. Ties solved like in soccer (whoever won the 1 on 1 match between the two tied factions wins). 1 match per week is the minimun commitment, but players may seek each other and agree to play theirmatches sooner if they want.
- Teams: Again, simplicity is king as it is the first go, same teams for all matches (and I am trying to balance teams here)
Union: McNeal, Ramirez, Barry, Alpha, Delta
Reich: Heizinger, Karl,Eva,Shock,Stoss
Matriarchy: Zorka, Gorgei, Irina, Boepripacy, Zazizag
No Bonus Tokens, No Bonus Packs
Hero andt troop packs chosen at will by the player
- Enrollment: Post here saying that you are on, your availability days, time zone and team preference order, Example: "URMS" or "MRUS" and add me as friend in the FFG forum, please put your email or skype in the friend request so I can reach out to you ;-)
- Match report by posting here with a brief description on how the game went.
- Technology: Tannhauser Online v3 + Skype (find a microphone), voice skype is a must otherwise a game takes 6 hours.
- The winner will be awarded with... Lots of fame and goodwill. (and an email personally signed by Hermann von Heizinger)
I have tried to balance the teams by nerfing the most unbalancing characters in CTF like voivodes, hoss or hoax and giving some shooting power to the shogunate.
I was thinking about having a debate on rules, teams etc but then I tought, its just 4 games not a long league or anything we might just go with the simplest approach possible and then decide if it has been fun.
Match length on TO is usually 3 hours the first game and 2 hours the following games, if you dont own a fantasy grounds license the match needs to be run in one go as you cant save the progress.
If I get 3 people to enroll (I am the fourth player) I would setup a skype calls with each to try to arrange things and brief people on how to install and run TO in case that my carefully laid instructions are not enough
I need three volunteers, Anybody up for it?
My enrollment info:
Moebius; Availability Weekends if possible, Time zone GMT +1, Faction preference MRSU