Rotation schedule or no?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Hurdoc

Hurdoc

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:26 PM

Will there be a system where the most recent two Chapter Pack series and the Core set will be tournament legal, or will all chapter packs forever be legal going forward?

#2 Kennon

Kennon

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 03:55 PM

Who knows? Things are................. shaky at the moment.

#3 CATS

CATS

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 07:51 PM

Hurdoc said:

Will there be a system where the most recent two Chapter Pack series and the Core set will be tournament legal, or will all chapter packs forever be legal going forward?

Even if there is I wouldn´t count on it.

#4 kpmccoy21

kpmccoy21

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:03 AM

"Nothing lasts forever in the cold November rain."

I hope and expect the chapter packs to have at least a 2-3 year cycle in LCG Format, but I would only expect things to remain permanently playable in Legacy of some type.

#5 Old Ben

Old Ben

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:42 AM

kpmccoy21 said:

"Nothing lasts forever in the cold November rain."

"Use your illusion I"

Kennon is absolutely right, things are a little shaky this time. So i guess we need to be patient and wait for another announcement.

#6 Kennon

Kennon

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:08 AM

Yup. Basically we've had announcements about a month apart about rotation schedules that really showed a contradicting viewpoint on how things should work and radically altered the landscape so to speak. So for now, I'd say it's a bit shaky as far as how those things will play out.

#7 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,411 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 12:17 PM

Add to that the consideration that we don't know what the Core Set is going to look like from year to year. Will they be publishing a new one, with new decks, each year or reissuing this one slightly updated (kind of like "2nd Edition")? That would have to factor into any LCG rotation schedule.

On the bright side, rotation schedules usually don't come into things until the second year. We may not have to worry about this until November of 2010.

#8 bloodycelt

bloodycelt

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 06:38 AM

IF LCG is new player oriented, then I expect a rotation every year so that players only have to invest in a core set and one set of 6 chapter packs. Otherwise a new player would have to plot down quite a bit of dough to play competitive. And some chapter packs may be unavailable.

So I don't expect LCG to ever have a card pool > 500.

#9 Kennon

Kennon

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:52 PM

Of course, it was originally announced that Chapter Packs were planned to eventually be unavailable in order to still encourage trading and the like.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS