You are all making the announcement seem more like a "Phantom Menace"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FiendishDevil

FiendishDevil

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:50 AM

Given their recent call out to hire for the LCG team and the co-op vs pvp discussions and speculations, seems like it's being completely retooled -- potentially more delays incoming.

Also, the co-op vs pvp discussion is dividing the community. Remember Master Yoda's teachings. We shouldn't be afraid that FFG will waste their license here designing a bad game.

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."

(Sorry, I had to make this post in response to the New Hope)

#2 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:38 AM

I think the problem is that, while we can all agree that FFG puts out quality product, they don't typically get a target audience all hyped up for a game, just to pull the rug out from under them with news that they've gone back to the drawing board.

There was really nothing they could have said that would have made us all happy.  Co-Op and PVP are two different games, and appeal to different people in different ways.  For what my own opinion is worth, I'm just disappointed that we got excited for a early 2012 release that's been postponed for what will likely be another year.  I know they'll make a good game, it's just unfortunate that as a community we have put it up on this pedestal that it can't possibly deliver on.

I was digging the Co-Op aspect myself, because it's a switch from PVP card games, so its fresher for me that way.  I would also not be upset if it turned out to be PvP, just as long as it came through as a high quality game.

Let's just all rally behind one banner; Empire AND Rebels, or GTFO

#3 spirit

spirit

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:45 AM

cleardave said:

I think the problem is that, while we can all agree that FFG puts out quality product, they don't typically get a target audience all hyped up for a game, just to pull the rug out from under them with news that they've gone back to the drawing board.

There was really nothing they could have said that would have made us all happy.  Co-Op and PVP are two different games, and appeal to different people in different ways.  For what my own opinion is worth, I'm just disappointed that we got excited for a early 2012 release that's been postponed for what will likely be another year.  I know they'll make a good game, it's just unfortunate that as a community we have put it up on this pedestal that it can't possibly deliver on.

I was digging the Co-Op aspect myself, because it's a switch from PVP card games, so its fresher for me that way.  I would also not be upset if it turned out to be PvP, just as long as it came through as a high quality game.

+1 Hear, hear.

#4 Ludlov Thadwin of Sevenpiecks

Ludlov Thadwin of Sevenpiecks

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

Personally, I'm just really looking forward to the RPG... Still no announcements?

www.audioepics.com

#5 FiendishDevil

FiendishDevil

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:58 AM

cleardave said:

This. +1

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS