Poll on Ogres and Halflings

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:21 AM

Well, soon we will see what FFG team has envision for these two races, but in the mean time and just for the fun, what are your expectations regarding the stats of Ogres and Halflings?

Will they by restricted to the normal maximum of 6? Will Ogres be able to increase St beyond 6, and intelligence? what about Hlaflings? will they be able to beat a troll in an arm wrestling contest?

My bet for their stats maximum is

Ogres: St and To -> 7; Int, Fel -> 5

Halflings: St ->5

Cheers

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#2 Gallows

Gallows

• Members
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:12 AM

I think they will respect the maximum of 6. Perhaps the ogre will have a fortune die to all strenght checks and the halfling will have a misfortune die. But I think they'll keep the general balance of stats being 2-6.

I won't allow anything over anyway. Troll slayer is the only character in my game that can effectively raise his strenght to 7 by using beserker rage (slayer card by house rule).

#3 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:26 AM

This is starting to look more like my house rules every day :)

Irregardless what they do with ogres, I don't want them to come in and break the game (although even in my house rules have a small cannon that only an ogre can carry).

I'd max out the ogre at 5 or 6 until rank 3 otherwise you'll have another "Ironbreaker-syndrome" breaking the game.

On the other hand, it would be difficult to break the game with halflings.

jh

#4 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

Pretending to be many, many things.

• Members
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:27 AM

Emirikol said:

On the other hand, it would be difficult to break the game with halflings.

Meat pies are OP!

Listen to my actual play podcasts at BeggingForXP.com.

Take a look at my Talent Trees (Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion), YT-2400 deck plans for the Lazy Bantha, as well as my other handouts.

#5 Cabello

Cabello

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:39 AM

Well I heard something about them possibly being able to train str and to easier, so maybe it costs them one less advance. if that were so then they could concieveably be able to raise them to 7 since it would only take 6 open career advances. i dont really have a problem with this however, since they will be severely handicaped in any sort of social situation, and my iron breaker is. hes touch as nails, but hes nieve and wouldnt know a lie if it hit him over the head. i have never found the iron breaker to be game breaking in the slightest, actually rather sad when that player doesnt make it since it means i have to pull up a bit on combat. i think the ogre will be an interesting addition that will make for some very interesting situations. as for the halfling, never really saw why everyone was so stoked about them, but hey, to each their own.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS