The Witch King

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 goblin981

goblin981

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

After you kill the Witch King does he go to the discard pile?  It seems wrong that he would because it means he could come out again.

#2 Zanebane

Zanebane

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:49 AM

To the best of my knowledge, yes, that's what happens.

#3 ricedwlit

ricedwlit

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:19 PM

Considering that you can't really kill a Nazgul (given what we have in the game), it's only reasonable that the Witch King could come back again.

#4 Joeyman

Joeyman

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:38 AM

I hate to disagree, but it is definitely possible to kill the Witch King.  I always do (or lose).  Gimli with some wounds and a couple Khazad Khazads can do the trick pretty nicely.

#5 VTSvsAlucard

VTSvsAlucard

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:33 AM

Joeyman said:

I hate to disagree, but it is definitely possible to kill the Witch King.  I always do (or lose).  Gimli with some wounds and a couple Khazad Khazads can do the trick pretty nicely.

I think dborean means within the realm of lore (story, not sphere), but we have Eowyn, so I'm not sure.

#6 Nyarlathotep5150

Nyarlathotep5150

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:58 AM

"Far off yet is his doom, and not by the hand of man shall he fall." So, yes he's supposed to keep coming back (just like the Nazgul did when Elrond drowned them in the river). There should be a card called "No living man am I! You look upon a woman!" that removes him from the game, but they're probably saving that for the battle of Minas Tirith saga expansion.

Anyway, until the final battle, when Eowyn kills the Witch King, the Nazgul cannot die. Just like Sauron, you can set them back or discorporate them, but they always come back.

#7 Eladamri, Seed of Freyalise

Eladamri, Seed of Freyalise

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:20 AM

I won without killing him - it's not necessarily impossible. How do you play tactics alone? I lose every time. With dwarves?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS