• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

Pretending to be many, many things.

• Members
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:51 AM

I'm looking into getting more sheets to hold my talents and career cards, and I want to find an alternative to the ones I currently use (I don't want to buy the quantity that they sell them in).

I found these on amazon, and they seem to fit but may be too snug (1 5/8 x 2 5/8 sleeves for 1 5/8 x 2 1/2 cards).

Has anyone used them before? Alternatively, have any of you guys tried any other binder sleeves?

Listen to my actual play podcasts at BeggingForXP.com.

Take a look at my Talent Trees (Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion), YT-2400 deck plans for the Lazy Bantha, as well as my other handouts.

#2 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:05 AM

My players used those but with bigger pockets (9 per page, good for Actions). It worked for them.

I tried to keep all of the cards organized in such sheets but it was too problematic with double-sided cards and new ones constantly wrecking my system.

The Daily Empire - An inspirational & resource site for all games of Warhammer

The Guild Blog - A blog about RPGs, games (and apparently comics) by my gaming group

#3 GoblynKing

GoblynKing

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:24 AM

doc_cthulhu said:

My players used those but with bigger pockets (9 per page, good for Actions). It worked for them.

I tried to keep all of the cards organized in such sheets but it was too problematic with double-sided cards and new ones constantly wrecking my system.

Here here! I'm slowly moving back to just organizing everything into decks. It seems like the system was made for it anyway, and I do get tired of having to shift all my cards whenever I need to add new ones to the binder.

But yeah, I've even created a method for random encounters (as recommended in the GM's guide) by splitting the location cards into two decks, one for wilderness/road encounters, and another for urban encounters...If the PCs generate a Chaos Star or Sigmar's comet on a check that involves travel or exploration (via exposition role playing...i.e. "my character walks around town listening for the latest gossip"), I draw a card from the appropriate deck and simply put either a negative (chaos star) or positive(comet) spin on it...using a separate homebrew table for generating baddies and/or goodies.

TLDR: organize your cards into, it's awesome

#4 Romus

Romus

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:52 AM

Here is how I store my stuff

#5 Gallows

Gallows

• Members
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:42 AM

I use boxes with fitting inserts and organize the cards in different decks (magic, blessings, support/teamwork/social, reactions, melee, ranged, enhancement cards etc.) Have seven of these boxes now :)

#6 Sturn

Sturn

• Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:33 AM

Gallows said:

I use boxes with fitting inserts and organize the cards in different decks (magic, blessings, support/teamwork/social, reactions, melee, ranged, enhancement cards etc.) Have seven of these boxes now :)

Did the insets come with the boxes above? It looks like a very nice match with card sizes. Where did you pick these up? Almost looks like a tackle box?

#7 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

• Members
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:11 AM

No one has experience with that specific binder-sleeve, though? Hmm. I may just pick it up and report back.

Take a look at my Talent Trees (Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion), YT-2400 deck plans for the Lazy Bantha, as well as my other handouts.

#8 Gallows

Gallows

• Members
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:33 AM

Sturn said:

Gallows said:

Did the insets come with the boxes above? It looks like a very nice match with card sizes. Where did you pick these up? Almost looks like a tackle box?

It's raaco boxes. You buy the boxes and then you can buy seperate inserts. There are inserts that fit all the card sizes, even career cards. They just fit perfectly. I get them in Denmark through a hobby store, but don't know if you can get them anywhere else as raaco is a danish company as far as I know.

#9 k7e9

k7e9

• Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:23 AM

Sweden has the the Racco boxes as well, they kick ass for storing the game, I've got several, for storing cards, tokens, standups, dice, everything.

#10 Gallows

Gallows

• Members
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:22 PM

But you may be able to order them directly from raaco. I have 7 of the boxes for my WFRP3 stuff. A bit og free space. I could manage with 6 boxes, but I like to keep it organized better.

#11 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

• Members
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:27 AM

Got the sleeves in today. They are a hair too small for the talent cards. Blech. 

#12 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:22 AM

Doc, the Weasel said:

Got the sleeves in today. They are a hair too small for the talent cards. Blech. 

Bah, wish i had read this sooner, i placed an order for 2 packets and they arrived last night.  Like you said, just a hair too small to be useful.

Bummer.

Gitzman

#13 Boehm

Boehm

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

I feel your pain ... better luck next time ... 

#14 Kharrak

Kharrak

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:58 AM

Awesome, looks like I can get Raaco boxes locally. This should provide a very nice storage solution. Thanks Gallows :D

Any idea/suggestions on which box models and internal containers you purchased?

#15 Gallows

Gallows

• Members
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:00 AM

Kharrak said:

Awesome, looks like I can get Raaco boxes locally. This should provide a very nice storage solution. Thanks Gallows :D

Any idea/suggestions on which box models and internal containers you purchased?

I use the following inserts:

157x109x47 mm - career cards etc.

109x79x47 mm - action cards

79x55x47 mm - talent cards

218x79x47 mm - dice, trackers etc.

55x39x47 mm - tokens

Box: Mulitcase, 33,8x26,1x5,7 cm

#16 Kharrak

Kharrak

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

Awesome! Going to make a few bookmarks for future purchasing. 

Much appreciation! Seriously, thanks a lot! 

#17 Gallows

Gallows

• Members
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:25 AM

Kharrak said:

Awesome! Going to make a few bookmarks for future purchasing. 

Much appreciation! Seriously, thanks a lot! 

np mate, hope you find them at a nice price. Once you have stored your stuff in raaco boxes, you're never going back to anything else. They're absolutely brilliant :)

#18 Superchunk

Superchunk

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

I'd love to find out where to get these raaco boxes in Canada? I've got a bunch of the WFRP3 supplements now and I'm starting to realize that they need something like this to cart them around.

Binders are a good alternative I suppose, but these boxes are pretty sweet and would be my first choice.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS