• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jvirtue55

Jvirtue55

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:40 AM

The title says it all

Me and my buddies are looking for some play besides the kitchen table.

I saw that last year western nationals were at Kublacon is that going to happen again this year?

Please help us out thanks

#2 .Crux.

.Crux.

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:17 PM

Have you ever thought about octgn? Its a good way to unite player from all over the world in a hobby league to play tournaments. 

#3 Jvirtue55

Jvirtue55

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:54 AM

I am really looking for face to face gaming, i miss the competion, from when I use to play high level compeditive VS. Octgn was great for playtesting decks but sometimes I wonder if we even are playing everything correct

#4 gr4ffi

gr4ffi

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:48 AM

OCTGN play can and will never be able to compete with a comfortable offline event taking place in the kitchen face to face with your friends and some beer ;) But, as you said, online play is indeed working great for testing decks. If you want to play on a higher standard, there should be some time put into testing and improving and it's not possible to meet up every week with your friends in most cases.

If you want to be that type of player (i'm not), then there is no way around octgn. Sadly it is quite hard to find other players online and offline. The community still has to grow.

I dont understand your point on playing things correctly, we are asking ourselves the very same question on every face-to-face match :D

#5 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:23 AM

I wish they would take VS mechanic and make it into an LCG.

I agree face to face is best.

Play LCGs in Louisville KY :: Monthly tournaments at 2 locations!

Wednesdays :: Something2Do :: 6:30PM - 10:00PM

Fridays :: BluegrassMagic GameShop :: 6:30 PM - Midnight

RSVP :: meetup.com/cardboardgamers

#6 Jvirtue55

Jvirtue55

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

Just in general when we are playing i wonder if we are playing the game right or doing stuff totally wrong

#7 SharkyAce

SharkyAce

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:13 PM

I live in Berkeley and would be up for a tournament or regular league games.  Where in NorCal are you?

#8 Jvirtue55

Jvirtue55

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:15 AM

Manteca if a store over there runs any we would be happy to come out

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS