Goals (personal and meta game)?

Strenghts & Weaknesses?

#2 Nisses

Nisses

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:02 AM

I don't have a character :(

Getting stuck playing the GM, means you get to play NPCs as much as you want, but player-time is sadly lacking...

I suspect I'm not the only one.

#3 Gallows

Gallows

• Members
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:32 AM

Nisses said:

I don't have a character :(

Getting stuck playing the GM, means you get to play NPCs as much as you want, but player-time is sadly lacking...

I suspect I'm not the only one.

Hehe I wouldn't put it like that. I prefer being GM. I enjoy the preparation and running the game. I don't mind being a player, but for the last 20 years I have preferred GMing.

#4 Fenderstat

Fenderstat

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:52 AM

Boehm said:

First Impression of him/her?

Motivations?

Conflicts?

Strenghts & Weaknesses?

Lucky for me I'm a Gm AND a player!

Ok, my character Erika Weiss is a Stirlander adventurer/war veteran (mechanic wise I'll get to that)

First impressions - I started with the idea that she would know everything about adventuring because she's been doing it for years (different to my other characters who started at it) she was supposed to be relatively calm, collected and reserve.  After a few sessions I made her calm and collected with an cruel streak (torturing prisoners, toying with enemies such as hamstringing them then cutting their ears off etc).  The others characters in the party are quite afraid of her at times, probably because she is relatively passive these brutal rage/cruel spikes.  Characters who are cruel all the time lessons the surprise to others when they do something viscous.  

I made her reasonably unatractive, coupled with her stirland peasant accent, short hair (until it grows back) and leather armour most of the time she is confused to be a man which works out well for her. (female discrimination is a big thing in my home games) 

She also collects teeth of people she kills and sells them to physicians so they can make false ones.

Motivations? - She can't settle down,  settled down twice in her life and both times her husbands were killed.  Honestly, she probably wants to die but refuses to throw her life away.  Definately not money motivated, being a poor Stirland famer for the first 16 years of her life causes her to forgo material wealth, simply has no need for it as long as she can eat.  Donates most of it to Ranald, Morr or Shallya. 

Conflicts? Party wise - Thinks that party member Gunter Bieber is an idiot but secretly likes him as he would be the same age as her eldest son (had he not been killed by a vampire then raised as a zombe).  Other than that most of the party looks up at her as some sought of adventuring sage, she rarely helps them often reciting some story relevant to the situation where the group she was in was violently killed and she was the only one left.  She also as a grimm sense of humour, she doesn't laugh at anyones jokes and only laughs when the party are about to die horribly.

Society wise - a great distaste for the rich (noble or otherwise), the western part of the empire (reiklanders, averlanders etc), military officers and a zealous loathing against the undead, particularly for vampires.   PS Not fond of chaos but if a chaos sorcerer and vampire where in a bar she'd be after the vampire first)

Herself: Hates herself, ever since the death of her first husband and children.

Goals: In game - wants to die but will not throw her life away

Meta: Technically this is Erika's career path throughout the years in order (yes she was a soldier twice, she rejoined for the storm of chaos) - commoner, thief, vampire hunter, soldier,  mercenary, hunter, soldier, mercenary.  Before she joined the party she was jumped, beaten, had her stuff stolen and left for dead by unkown assailants outside Altdorf (plot point for gm to embellish on) she was in a coma and lost most of her abilities as well as a great portion of her strength)  so if  I take this career path thief - merc - hunter complete all three careers I will say thats the skill and ability she had before she was jumped.

Strengths:  Vast knowledge of adventuring related matters, expert horse archer (eventually after I get her back up to what she was), competent thief.

Weaknesses: can't read.  When she gets a critical injury to the head she loses memory for a period of hours/days due to the injury which put her into a coma.  She is afraid of going to sleep, has terrible nightmares from her time spent in the Ostermark military fighting on loan for Kislev, she was at every major defeat of Kislev and the Empire.  She has to take sleeping powder (which costs heaps!) to knock her out at night, if she doesn't take it she has a chance of nightmares which causes 1 stress until the next sleep.  If she takes the sleeping powder and gets woken up she has the sluggish condition for 6 hours.  Because of her violent past, chaos vampires and otheriwse se is slowly getting crueller and crueller which will eventually attract the interest of either Khaine or Khorne. 

WFRP3 Online game forum - http://ffgvirtualrpg.prediger.at/

#5 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,117 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:31 PM

Skank Dwarf Female Ironshield (ex Ironbreaker).  Skank is probably the best description of this character.

Motivations?

Certainly not honor!  She is essentially "on the hunt" for anything that moves in the tavern.

Conflicts?

She works closely with our grudge keeper and priest of Sigmar, however the miner and she are at odds a bit about her emotional habits.

She's looking for the perfect human or dwarf (and she's not going to find it).  She is naieve about every encountered person, imagining the best in people and sadly finding out that all people are essentially selfish and evil.

Strenghts & Weaknesses?

As an ironbreaker/ironshield, she has no weaknesses.  The ironshield/ironbreaker is a completely broken character (but I won't go into that any further).  I don't do a ton of damage because I tried to take shield related skills.

Her main weakness is her ignorance about people (NPCs) and their betrayals.

jh

#6 Eradico Pravus

Eradico Pravus

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

Note: my character is in Emirikol's group.

Disciple of Sigmar

First Impressions of him/her?

Fanatic. Not the brightest bulb from the monastery. Self-proclaimed dwarf-friend.

Motivations?

Living along the edge of the Empire, the disciple looks to strengthen the bonds between humans and dwarfs. Views the past in romantic fashion when Sigmar reigned and hopes those days return.

Conflicts?

As the only human in what is otherwise an all-dwarf party, the Disciple of Sigmar sometimes maintains a stiff upper-lip when facing discrimination or barbs. Sometimes must remind his allies of the ancient pact of friendship forged between his God and their ancestors. Is sometimes disappointed with the Ironshield's lack of discretion.

Goals?

Further the cause of Sigmar. Kill greenskins. Help dwarf allies with their various quests at Blackfire Pass.

Wants to see his long-time compatriot, the female Ironshield, retire from adventuring and settle down with a nice dwarf and have lots of dwarf babies. For the Disciple knows that the halls of dwarf holds have too few children in them these days. Of course, he does not want the Ironshield to know this. She would clobber the Sigmarite: him protect her!?! Ha!

Ultimately wants to defeat as many foes as possible, ending in a blaze of martyrdom before going to meet his Lord and Master in the after-life.

Strengths and Weaknesses?

Fervent faith allows the Sigmarite to have many answered prayers. Regularly the entire party is strengthened and bolstered supernaturally with the power of Sigmar. He is also handy with his two-handed warhammer. The Disciple spent too much time at chapel or drilling with weapons, however, and unfortunately neglected his academic studies. He is barely literate and therefore not very well read.

#7 thePREdiger

thePREdiger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:12 PM

lol Fenderstat - one of your companions is named "Schutzstaffel" (SS) - really?

#8 Fenderstat

Fenderstat

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

thePREdiger said:

Yeh!  We're Australian and barely know any German.  When my mate came up with that name I almost spat my drink out over the table in laughter (being a fan of German history I knew full well what Schutzstaffel meant), when I asked him where he got it he said it seemed pretty German but he was certain he made it up, I never filled him in on what it meant. 

ps.  Don't know if the SS is still a touchy subject for any Germans on the forums.  I'm only a fan of their military accomplishments. Not the other things they did...

#9 Crazy Aido

Crazy Aido

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:51 AM

Who's this prick? Surely those ears hurt with it's head stuck so far up it's own...

Snobby, ignorant, sarcastic, pedantic and really condescending. ALWAYS giving it's own damn opinion.

Motivations?

Likes to think it has a proper sense of morals, so this little trip to the Empire is proving to be quite the rude shock. The Elf doesn't want to give up on it's notions of protecting the weak and standing up for the little guy, however it's finding that swinging it's sword around isn't working as well as it thought it would.

Conflicts?

Three Words:

Klaus Von Meyer.

If Anierra can become the most skilled swordmaster the world has ever known, then maybe, maybe, a certain annoying obligation at home might get shelved. Or maybe it might give the elf the stones to sort the matter out themselves. It's this matter that drives the elf to constantly interfere in other people's business, compelled to help people fight the power and stand up on their own two feet.

Strenghts & Weaknesses?

For all Anierra's combat ability, the elf is still somewhat of a glass cannon and simply not capable of soaking up the amount of damage their sweaty nemesis is capable of. It does seem that they consider the long term survival of other members of the party in high regard, so it is willing to put damage output aside in favor of interposing between various horrible nasties and the group's wizard. A recent crisis shook the elf quite strongly, this may cause a change in tactics, though what these will be remains to be seen.

#10 thePREdiger

thePREdiger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

Fenderstat said:

thePREdiger said:

Yeh!  We're Australian and barely know any German.  When my mate came up with that name I almost spat my drink out over the table in laughter (being a fan of German history I knew full well what Schutzstaffel meant), when I asked him where he got it he said it seemed pretty German but he was certain he made it up, I never filled him in on what it meant. 

ps.  Don't know if the SS is still a touchy subject for any Germans on the forums.  I'm only a fan of their military accomplishments. Not the other things they did...

i'm Austrian ;)

nvm, I noticed it and felt like to comment. Good that you aware what it means and stands for.

#11 angrydragon

angrydragon

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

first impression?

A devout fallower of Sigmar who this a lot about himself...ruff exterier and skips all the pleasantrys and get right to the point......no sence of humor..

Motivations?

destroy all chaos no mater the cost......help build his family  name    Von Meyer

Conflicts?

mostly himself " klaus " has inner demons that haunt him at night,He regrets almost everything he dose but he knows it has to be done for the betterment of the empire 

Goals(personal and meta game)

To become a mighty witch hunter and for people to fear his name........also that no mater the cost he will get the job done even if it cost him his own life

Strenghts & weaknesses

his faith in Sigmar he know he will be at the right place at the right time to do what must be done

klaus sees no gray, its ether black or white,evil or good,,,will not play politics 

#12 Fenderstat

Fenderstat

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:36 AM

Wait.....I know these guys!  Their bios are below.

Klaus von Meyer

Anierra Ierrionessa

#13 Crazy Aido

Crazy Aido

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:03 AM

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

Life seems much better,

When I'm fighting with you.

You've been the world to me since you came into my life.

I don't know what I'd do without you.

I know things will be alright when you're around...

WIll you be my valentine...

To:

Bondbreaker.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS