About the Core set

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kaworu

Kaworu

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:07 AM

After another LCG, I can say that the best distribution of Core set was gone, and COC. I did not like that of W: I nor the TLOTR, I like having three copies of each card and I do not like left over cards. So I would like to take into consideration when to get the core of this game.
The best thing would be to have three copies of each card in the core, but that seems complicated, still prefer to have two copies of each card rather than three copies of each and one copy of other. Even better is to have a copy of each card and more variety of cards.
This way to buy a core, core and a half (one with a friend) or three cores could have all the cards x3 without a remainder.

Sorry for my bad english.

#2 redsimon

redsimon

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:59 AM

I agree completely. I think we all would prefer a complete core set, where you don't have to buy another one for full deck-building options.

But if not possible, because FFG wants more profit, then they could at least make a core set where 2 copies are enough for full deck-building capabilities, and 3 copies for full options for 2 people. I think that is fair.

#3 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:14 AM

I feel the same. I will not be buying this game unless the Core Set breaks away from the previous pattern of providing 1x or 2x of cards that I'd rather have a complete set of. I love Star Wars, and FFG picking up the license is a dream come true for me. But the experience of buying three Core Sets and thus having a bunch of extra cards I'm not going to use isn't something that particularly draws me to the LCG model.

The only exception I will make is if the 1x cards are, in fact, limited to one-per-deck. But I don't think FFG has included a "Unique" mechanic like that in their previous games, have they?

"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#4 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:42 AM

I agree that they need a new strategy for the core set. If they're concerned about money, fine. I've been thinking for while now that (if it remained coop like LotR) I'd pay the price of a core set for the additional player cards that bring it up to 3x so that all the encounter cards and cards that were originally 3x weren't wasted. The fact that so many cards are produced with no reason just disgusts me. Alternatively, a core set that started with 3x would be great. To me it's just the wasted cards that bug me from an environmental point of view.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#5 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:53 AM

MarthWMaster said:

The only exception I will make is if the 1x cards are, in fact, limited to one-per-deck. But I don't think FFG has included a "Unique" mechanic like that in their previous games, have they?

A Game of Thrones has many cards like this. The Plot cards are of course one-per-deck unless they state otherwise, but there are a few player cards that stipulate only one can be used in a deck. What's more, I think they're in expansions that include 3 of the card. I can't remember off the top of my head, though...

All art is quite useless

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS