the artwork...yick.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 napoleonWilson

napoleonWilson

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:17 PM

While of course the most important element to the game should be mechanics, I really hope they take a page from Decipher and ditch the lame original artwork and just replace images with screen grabs.  The artwork I have seen is horrible and super lame.  Yeah that is just my opinion, but, I doubt I am the first to express it and unless the game itself is impossibly good the actual ugliness of the look will keep me away.

Napoleon.

#2 Grudunza

Grudunza

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

napoleonWilson said:

While of course the most important element to the game should be mechanics, I really hope they take a page from Decipher and ditch the lame original artwork and just replace images with screen grabs.  The artwork I have seen is horrible and super lame.  Yeah that is just my opinion, but, I doubt I am the first to express it and unless the game itself is impossibly good the actual ugliness of the look will keep me away.

Napoleon.

I disagree 100%. With screen caps, they limit the game to characters and situations from the films. With artwork (which looks fine to me, but I must not be a game art esthete), it's completely open to a lot more possibilities. 

#3 armakis

armakis

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:10 AM

Also loving the artwork

just great and open enough to allow artist to give their proper view of the show

#4 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:27 AM

The first thing that caught my eye was the Han Solo card where he is laying down his Sabacc Cards to win the Falcon. Honestly, it captures Harrison Ford's younger self perfectly.

#5 spirit

spirit

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:51 AM

I really like the artwork. 

#6 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:25 AM

Really wish I'd gotten to make the first reply here. But yeah, I agree with everything that's been said. I wonder if Tsuneo Sanda is going to be involved somehow?

#7 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:46 AM

MarthWMaster said:

Really wish I'd gotten to make the first reply here. But yeah, I agree with everything that's been said. I wonder if Tsuneo Sanda is going to be involved somehow?

Great link! Yeah, I think the artwork is fine, too.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#8 David Spangler

David Spangler

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:01 AM

I'm for the artwork,too, though of course it depends on the quality of the artist. Knowing FFG, I imagine they'll go for the best.  I've had no complaints with the artwork for LotR LCG.

#9 ImmortalJedi

ImmortalJedi

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:51 AM

So many of us have seen the movies thousands of times and we have the iconic images in our heads.. I think artwork showing some of the off-screen events and artwork showing another point of veiw will be great!

#10 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:23 AM

Yeah, I really love the artwork, too!

Great call on Tsuneo Sanda, MarthWMaster - I'd like to cast my vote to include Gonzalo Flores as well:

http://www.gonzaloflores.com/#starwars

(I can't do fancy links-inserting, sorry!)

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#11 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:43 AM

Gonzalo Flores is The King

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS