Co-op vs PvP

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#1 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:42 AM

I know there are a lot of posts all over the SW:TCG forums about opinions on a cooperative Star Wars LCG vs. a player vs. player Star Wars LCG. My goal in creating this thread is NOT to discuss the pros on cons but simply to get a tally of how many people would prefer a cooperative/solo game and how many people would prefer a PvP game. You should only post on this thread ONCE. If you wish to discuss your decision, please use threads such as "Cooperative► Disappointed." Because the forum software will likely prohibit a single-word response, please use a complete sentence as illustrated below.

I would prefer a cooperative/solo Star Wars LCG.

EDIT: Thanks, Spirit, for keeping the tally. I''m going to try to keep the tally updated on the front of this thread as well.

Player vs. Player: 36

Cooperative: 35

(As of 19 April 2012)

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#2 Stenun

Stenun

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:02 AM

It needs to be co-op.

Unless they come up with a FANTASTIC game, making it versus will just make it "yet another Star Wars card game".

#3 Nerfed_Herder

Nerfed_Herder

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:04 AM

I would prefer a co-op game.

#4 V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:05 AM

I would prefer a PvP Star Wars LCG.

I loved the Decipher Star Wars CCG.  On a side note, I'm also in favor of movie stills on the cards rather than artwork but then you run into trouble with expanded universe stuff.  I thought Decipher did a pretty good job with some of the expanded universe cards they came up with especially Mara Jade.

#5 ImmortalJedi

ImmortalJedi

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:17 AM

I guess both (through some variant game mechanism) isn't an option, so in my mind I'd prefer PvP over Co-op by a slim margin.

#6 Kaworu

Kaworu

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:20 AM

I would prefer a PvP Star Wars LCG, 1vs1 and 3 or 4 players all vs all.

#7 imrahil327

imrahil327

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

V for Vendetta said:

I would prefer a PvP Star Wars LCG.

I loved the Decipher Star Wars CCG.  On a side note, I'm also in favor of movie stills on the cards rather than artwork but then you run into trouble with expanded universe stuff.  I thought Decipher did a pretty good job with some of the expanded universe cards they came up with especially Mara Jade.

Definitely PVP.

As a side-note, we are still playing the Decipher Star Wars CCG!  In fact there is an event in New Jersey this weekend that the actress who played Mara Jade will be attending and signing cards!  Go to starwarsccg.org if you want to learn more.

#8 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

If forced to choose, I would lean more towards PvP, but ultimately I would prefer if the game supported cooperative play as well.

"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#9 angelfury

angelfury

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:19 PM

I would prefer PVP

#10 rcmoore

rcmoore

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:07 PM

Co-op.  We already have many PvP SW games out there.

#11 Grudunza

Grudunza

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:13 PM

Ideally, both co-op and PvP.  But given only one option, co-op.

#12 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

Co-op! Like I said in another thread, I was looking forward to fighting the Empire with my son.

If FFG want to create work for themselves, they should look into making the pages of this forum load faster. 

#13 BobtheEnforcer

BobtheEnforcer

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

PvP, why limit half the characters in the SW universe as unplayable?

#14 spirit

spirit

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:48 PM

Co-op. If it's co-op others of my play group will be buying their own cards. If it's pvp, while I will buy it I doubt any of my other friends will, A game that supports both would be good but is doubtful. 

#15 Juzam66

Juzam66

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:24 PM

PvP for me.

I stop LotR cause i've no feeling with building co-op system.

#16 DerBarchen

DerBarchen

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:58 PM

PvP for Sure. Co-Op doesn't have the same deck building feel as a clever PvP game would and to be quite frank, at the end of the day, if I cant play Dark Side I just don't want to play =/

#17 Swirek

Swirek

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:03 AM

PVP - Nothing can compare to playing against human opponent instead of AI

#18 pwvogt

pwvogt

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:14 AM

Cooperative absolutely. Love lord of the rings because it feels like a puzzle and am desperately hoping we don't get yet another, boring pvp star wars game. 

#19 armakis

armakis

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:15 AM

Co-op, we already have 3 Pvp playing cards game

Let's have fresh air !  CO-OP

#20 spirit

spirit

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:24 AM

Peoples votes so far... co-op 9 PVP 10. Pretty even by the look of things and several of those votes are pretty close one way or the other. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS