Reanimator: too many Zombies? *spoiler*

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jayhotep

Jayhotep

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:44 AM

So I played Return of the Reanimator the other night, and a question came up about Event 3: "Fire & Damnation" .  When the event happens, a super-strong Zombie named Clapham-Lee shows up at the front door & lights the room on fire. Problem is, I already had all 4 zombie figures out on the board (3 starting corpses plus Event 1). What am I supposed to do when another zombie suddenly shows up?

Monsters are figure-limited, right?  Way I see it, I either have to use a different figure (cult leader, perhaps) for Clapham-Lee, or I kill one of the existing zombies & replace it with a corpse marker. I ended up using the second option. Thoughts?

Oh and if anyone's curious, the investigators all died horribly in a fire.

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,257 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:59 AM

"Monster Figures: The keeper may never have more monster
figures on the game board than those provided in the game.
If an ability lets him place a figure, and all of that type are
already on the game board, he may optionally kill one of his
monsters in order to place it elsewhere." (p. 25)

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 Jayhotep

Jayhotep

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:46 AM

Dam said:

"Monster Figures: The keeper may never have more monster
figures on the game board than those provided in the game.
If an ability lets him place a figure, and all of that type are
already on the game board, he may optionally kill one of his
monsters in order to place it elsewhere." (p. 25)

So in other words: Yes, the Keeper has to kill one of his other Zombies if the event makes him summon a new one? I think this is the only scenario so far where this sort of thing crops up (normally any event monsters are different from the ones you'd have running around on the board).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS