• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Muttah

Muttah

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:13 AM

Hi everybody,

since many people post their unfinished projects on the forums, then I thought that I could post mine as well just to get some feedback. These are speedpainted with very simple techniques, just to get them to the table quickly and without too much hassle. I also have two walkers ready, but I will post them as soon as I manage to take proper photos.

The BBQ squad. I'm planning to add a tiny bit of battle damage to their armor, the same applies to the Gunners below.

The Gunners

The Hammers - these guys still need a lot of work. Each of them is going to have a different camo pattern (I'm aiming at something like woodland for the guy on the left, while the one on the right is going to have tiger stripe). The middle figure is almost done - right now it is just lacking a wash of gryphonne sepia on the armor (the green is too bright right now) and then some highlights / minor tweaks all over.

The Recon Grenadiers

The Laser Grenadiers

The Heavy Lasers. They look a little better in brighter light, but I'm going to touch them up a little bit either way (i.e. by adding some snow flock and some extra detail here and there.

Hope you like them, walkers (and maybe some other units) coming soon.

#2 theguildllc

theguildllc

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:26 AM

Looking good, lets see some pics of the walker in the background.

#3 Psykostevo

Psykostevo

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:47 AM

Simple and effective

#4 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:19 AM

I really like the camo on the Hammers, simple yet very effective.

#5 Muttah

Muttah

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:35 AM

Here are the walkers, plus a pair of scenery projects in the making - a radar station and a reactor. I'm pretty happy with the walkers, maybe I'll add some decals and of course some snow flock. As for the terrain, it needs more objects (wiring, pipes, decals, etc.), but when I finish then the pieces should blend well with my other base / factory pieces. I will post those later if time permits. Enjoy!

Steel Rain was the first one I did. For a moment I thought I had overdone the weathering, but now I think it's ok.

And here is the radar dish (well, this one actually IS a dish, but never mind ;)

And here's Lothar.

The "reactor" thing is at an early stage but I guess it'll turn out nicely. 

OK, that's it for now. Thanks for all your feedback.

#6 Lska

Lska

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:34 AM

Great stuff! And the winter camo is one of the best i seen so far! Keep up the great posts;)

#7 Psykostevo

Psykostevo

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:15 AM

Nice colander satellite. It'll look awesome painted. 

#8 Ygethmor

Ygethmor

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:20 AM

Look's cool. Nice shades :)

#9 Berdfre

Berdfre

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:43 AM

Nice job. Keep it up.

#10 Psykostevo

Psykostevo

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:53 AM

Lska said:

Great stuff! And the winter camo is one of the best i seen so far! Keep up the great posts;)

I agree. His winter camo is right on the money. 

#11 Muttah

Muttah

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:23 PM

Right, so here come the promised scenery shots. These are, of course, unfinished and ongoing projects (plus, the photos are actually quite old), yet even in their current state they are good enough so I thought I'd share. Some of these can be found on BGG, however, I still wanted to put everything here so everybody can see all that I've done for DT in one place. Enjoy ;)

Factory exterior

Factory interior

Submarine base

Defense line (small)

Defense line (large)

City ruins

OK, so that more or less wraps it up. These are essentially the scenarios that I play in DT (all my own, yet featuring many ideas from the official ones). I hope that I'll be able to show You some upgraded versions or even entirely new settings in the near future. Cyah!

#12 Psykostevo

Psykostevo

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:14 AM

Excellent use of styrofoam. It makes for a convincing scale concrete bunker and buildings. 

#13 Muttah

Muttah

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:08 PM

A small update on the Hammers - they're almost ready, just a few final touches to apply. However, I'm still not sure whether I should darken the green on the armor a little more and, if so, how. Any suggestions?

#14 Psykostevo

Psykostevo

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:59 AM

Finish the bases and they look good to me. 

#15 Muttah

Muttah

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:56 PM

Thanks for the feedback - I'll keep them as they are, then (except for some final highlights here and there ). Time to move on to other squads and mechs.

#16 Muttah

Muttah

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:59 PM

I've come up with two new scenarios, both of them have been tested and turned out to be very playable:

Hope you like them. I'll post some new squads soon as well.

#17 Siouxfire

Siouxfire

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:12 PM

Nice solid work. (Not sure how I missed this thread)  Keep em coming.

#18 Muttah

Muttah

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:22 AM

Revisited one of the old scenarios with heavy walkers:

#19 TallDwarf

TallDwarf

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:36 AM

Dear Muttah, would you mind posting a general or specific outline for your scenarios? They might be inspiring for me in my games.

The styrofoam work is great. I have made up a lot of the paper craft walls and columns which are so much better than the square tile given in the box, but they take up an entire square. Your walls are very starp.

#20 Muttah

Muttah

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:29 AM

Hi there,

the scenarios I've created generally fall into two categories - either assault or skirmish.

The first one is played on an assymetrical map with a heavily defended zone on one side of the board, and a relatively open approach on the other. These scenarios can feature a variety of objectives for the attacker (such as reaching the enemy deployment zone with a given number of units, destroying high-value targets [usually crates or selected units], or conquering predetermined enemy positions). There is usually a turn limit (typically 8 turns) and a bonus of 50 to 100 army points for the attacker (as the fortified positions constitute a huge advantage for the defending side).

The skirmish variant is always played on a roughly symmetrical map with even armies and slightly different objectives. Usually we place a given number of crates around the board and play a set number of rounds. The winner is determined by the number of crates in possession at the end of the game. The crates are destructible, of course, which brings an additional layer of strategy into the game ;)

I am currently considering a three player variant - one player defending in the middle of the board and the other two assaulting from both sides ;)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS