Welcome & Introduction:
Welcome to my ninth Solo Player LOTR LCG Tournament. The idea behind this tournament is that for one week (Sunday – Saturday), everyone is invited to participate in playing a particular scenario with particular deck building requirements in a Solo Player Tournament. You are then invited to record and post your final score, the heroes you used, and any additional narrative that you’d like to add.
Note: this is not a place to post results from the past. The tournament has a one-week lifespan, and only games played and recorded throughout this week are valid. As the week unfolds, I will keep this first post updated with the Top Ten results. (Each participant can occupy a maximum of one Top Ten spot at a time, so you’re welcome to try and best your own result throughout the week.) See also, The juicebox LOTR LCG Top Ten Hall of Fame.
Will you place in the Top Ten for the week? I hope you’ll participate and find out!
After the end of this week’s tournament, you are welcome to continue to post results to this thread if you continue to play this particular scenario under these particular parameters. However, the Top Ten on this first post will not continue to be updated after the week is over, thus preserving (like a time capsule) the results from this week’s tournament. In the mean time, if you have ideas for a future tournament, feel free to post them in the Ideas Thread.
And now… on to this week’s Solo Player Tournament!
Solo Player Tournament #9:
Scenario: Journey Down the Anduin
Deck Parameters: 1-3 CS + all SoM APs
Tournament Mechanics: Sets of 3*
Number of Players: Solo Player
*Sets of 3:
1) A valid result in this tournament consists of reporting your results (wins and losses) from 3 back-to-back games, using the same deck for each of those 3 games. (Please observe the mulligan rule, and all other rules, from the LOTR LCG rulebook and subsequent official FAQ documents.)
2) After you post your results, the results from your 3 games will be calibrated using the RGun formula** to obtain your Weighted Result.
3) Weighted Results will then be ranked against other player’s Weighted Results in the Top Ten for this week’s tournament.
4) You may play and report as many games (in Sets of 3) as you would like (so you can try out different deck builds over the week).
5) Toward the end of the week, feedback about your game-play experience (playing in Sets of 3) will be received with enthusiasm.
**The RGun formula has been designed to value both Final Score (per game) and overall Win Ratio (from your 3 games, cumulative). The formula is: (Average Score of Games Won) x (Total Games Played/Games Won). For an expanded discussion on how this formula was created, you can read the thread called Measuring Success.
1. meumakan ~ 73 (Frodo, Beravor, Théodred)
2. plueschi ~ 82.33 (Éowyn, Beravor, Théodred)
3. juicebox ~ 116.66 (Éowyn, Glóin, Beravor)
4. leptokurt ~ 124.66 (Théodred, Frodo, Bilbo)
5. SiCK_Boy ~ 137.33 (Dain Ironfoot, Glóin, Bilbo)
6. Chac ~ 180 (Éowyn, Théodred, Bilbo)
7. Zjb12 ~ 444 (Éowyn, Dúnhere, Thalin)
8. Budgernaut ~ 468 (Éowyn, Dúnhere, Thalin)
February 12, 2012 (1:06am) [FFG Time]
[This week’s tournament will run from February 5-11, 2012 and will officially close at the end of the week (midnight) as time-stamped by the FFG forum time clock.]