Photo

How to resolve conflict beetween an Headline card a a Dwarf Upgrade card??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pyke o''Dspayr

Pyke o''Dspayr

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:22 AM

"Violence at an All-time High!" headline card says I can roll a dice(50%chance" to injury an enemy "after downed",    a dwarf team upgrade says "Stand up a player thats downed (50% chance)".

If a dwarf are downed during a "Violence at All-time High!" (both cards descriptions say after or when "downed",)which effect i resolve first?

1) if i resolve first headline effect and the dwarf is "injuried", the dwarf upgrade card lose is target.

2) if i resolve first the dwarf team card and the dwarf is no more downed, then the headline card has no more target.

If I resolve the effects simultaneously , then I have a dwarf who stands up but is injured and then expelled...

I think the effect of the headline card is a part of the "when played" Tackling, so it comes first in the matchup phase. Am I wrong?

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:17 AM

I assume the Dwarf Team Upgrade you refer to is "Legendary Toughness". In that case, LT is a "Matchup Action:", meaning it takes place you've placed your player, done his skills and whatever happens as a result of those skills (Matchup Actions are done in step 2 in Matchup Phase). So your Dwarf would have not get injured in order to be eligible for you to use LT on him.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 Pyke o''Dspayr

Pyke o''Dspayr

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:35 AM

Thanks, I think the same way. The Italian translation of the rules is sometimes not very clear about the timing of the headlines.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS