new post format

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Doc9

Doc9

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:24 AM

FFG...I hate this new format for posts. Why is it that we can no longer comment on a news items page? Why do we have to leave the page, come in to the forum, and create a new topic simply to comment on a news post? This is lame.

#2 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:33 AM

People, including myself, were complaining about mistakes in articles and look what we got XD

#3 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:35 AM

Oops double post. Please ignore.

Play LCGs in Louisville KY :: Monthly tournaments at 2 locations!

Wednesdays :: Something2Do :: 6:30PM - 10:00PM

Fridays :: BluegrassMagic GameShop :: 6:30 PM - Midnight

RSVP :: meetup.com/cardboardgamers

#4 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:35 AM

I was really hoping the link at the bottom of the article would land on a pre-created post. Here is a link to the post I started when I realized this wasn't the case. Link

#5 Titan

Titan

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:46 AM

I was surprised to find no comments on the announcement. Wonder if it's because of the complaints (it's really their fault for not having accurate articles) or because they would like to see a bit more activity in these forums.

#6 Gerson

Gerson

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:51 AM

They're doing this for all of the new articles so I don't think the decision was related to the complaints made on previous Warhammer Invasion articles.
Anyway, I think it's a step in the wrong direction.

#7 Curator

Curator

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

Haha they deleted my post..

Basically FFG is the new Games Workshop. To sum up what I had posted: 

It is not fair to the other dedicated employees to have to listen to the pubic calling them lazy and such due to Mr. Petersen's ego. Also many games currently in development have a storm of controversies following them. Merchant of Venus and X-wing in particular. After the Mansions of Madness fiasco, they don't need the negative comments on their front page when they start posting about these new games. Just take a trip back to Fortress America and worse the "bait and switching" for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay.

Also calling the editors out makes them look bad on the front page and hurts the companies title "lead publisher of table games"

#8 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:32 AM

Maybe they just wanted to encourage a more active forum. I'm not crazy about them taking down the comments either, but I stand by it wouldn't be that bad if the link took you directly to a pre-created post.

#9 Doc9

Doc9

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:49 AM

WOW...I can't believe they deleted your post Curator! FFG, please don't start a policy of censorship.

#10 Curator

Curator

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

Doc9,

In FFG's defense. I am sure they have forum policy and etiquette guidelines that I care not to read. Therefore I reposted with less mudslinging. All seems fine now. I refuse to remove the mudslinging towards Mr. Petersen though. I would go as far as to say he is the main reason FFG is looking like a typical money hungry corporation rather than a community based production company. Get a CEO that cares enough to have their devs triple check for mistakes and written errors, then watch FFG become the largest beast in the gaming industry. 

Also in defense of the devs. I understand they have a lot on their plates, but maybe this is FFG's problem. Over expansion...something I learned about from RISK.

[ADMIN: Curator's previous post was not deleted for the ideas it shared, but for the language used to share them. We understand players won't always agree with everything we do, but we expect that forum members' remarks will remain civil, avoid personal attacks (rather than discussion of policies or actions), and avoid language not appropriate for forum members of all ages.]

#11 Titan

Titan

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:50 AM

Yet another instance in which FFG's policy of non-participation in these forums hurts them. Instead of giving a reason for the change, it simply happens and people are left to wonder why. Though I have no doubt that Curator is very close or right on the mark as to their reasons.

#12 Curator

Curator

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:38 PM

Curator said:

[ADMIN: Curator's previous post was not deleted for the ideas it shared, but for the language used to share them. We understand players won't always agree with everything we do, but we expect that forum members' remarks will remain civil, avoid personal attacks (rather than discussion of policies or actions), and avoid language not appropriate for forum members of all ages.]

Where was all this moderation during the Warhammer 3rd edition changes back when we were friends and I was happily writing strategy articles for you guys, huh? Should I pull up the archives of the crap people were saying and getting away with? The stuff I begged my contacts (mods btw) to take care of before I lost my cool.

Your CEO made a mistake and now the customers suffer? Makes a lot of sense. Then you want us to remain "civil". I am not the one censoring here.

Just encase people are curious as to what started all of this modding.

http://penny-arcade..../the-flashpoint

You didn't think Mr. Sirlin would let your CEO accuse him of plagiarism and get away with it. Nope, just like the smart man he is, he waited for the perfect opportunity. Penny Arcade gave him the opportunity to write an article on the matter of cloning game design.

I would also like to, again, point out

Xwing vs Wings of War
Merchant of Venus Controversy
Forbidden Alchemy errors
Blatant exclusion of token types in Wizwar
Fortress America fluff changes

...and something about don't throw stones at a glass house.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS