The Accursed Dead

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:19 AM

2 hammers on a first turn card is awesome enough, but the ability doesn't say once per turn. Looks like swarm of bats will be sticking around on the board forever!

Play LCGs in Louisville KY :: Monthly tournaments at 2 locations!

Wednesdays :: Something2Do :: 6:30PM - 10:00PM

Fridays :: BluegrassMagic GameShop :: 6:30 PM - Midnight

RSVP :: meetup.com/cardboardgamers

#2 loken14

loken14

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:27 AM

yea but u gotta keep your opponets discard pile full to keep the effect working which might be a problem

#3 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:03 AM

It doesn't say opponent.

I could see this in an orc rush deck. Slam it down in the quest zone, puke out a bunch of 1 drops into the battlefield until you hit your bats. Not to mention the bats will be filling your KO pile with units too.

To me this is one of the better cards that have been previewed.

#4 Brad Harrington

Brad Harrington

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:08 AM

Wow, I guess this is how we are supposed to completely shut down Reclaiming the Fallen decks. As long as I have this and an Undead unit in play, my opponent will never have a unit in their discard pile.

#5 Teokrata

Teokrata

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:28 AM

CASTEL is awesome card, moody art, 2 hammers and insane good ability. My Bats and Blood Dragons are waiting...

#6 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:27 AM

Awesome Dwarf Quest

Please keep making Grombrindal good, please keep making Grombrindal good, please keep making Grombrindal good, please keep making Grombrindal good, please keep making Grombrindal good….

*fingers crossed*

#7 Jowimus

Jowimus

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:02 AM

Strangely…I see this good in a High Elf Eltharion centric deck with Elven Scouts. You could toss a ton of extra tokens on the card in a hurry.

#8 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:49 AM

4 cost would be pretty steep though

#9 Doc9

Doc9

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

You could get lucky with scout camps and the new HE unit that lets you search for and put into play a quest.

#10 adelucia

adelucia

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:06 AM

Im not to thrilled to see the Castle.  Blood dragon knight, Von Carstein and swarm of bats are already soo good. 

#11 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:05 AM

Tor Eylr + Dragon's Lair + Purged by Flames = Pretty good dragon deck!

#12 Asmoridin

Asmoridin

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:53 AM

Card Board Gamers said:

Tor Eylr + Dragon's Lair + Purged by Flames = Pretty good dragon deck!

The decks FFG put into their news feed actually seem pretty good, I'm looking forward to the new pack coming out so I can give them a shot.  Who knows, maybe they'll revitalize my interest in High Elves (one even uses Eltharion, who I love).

#13 Jowimus

Jowimus

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:49 AM

Can you only use Dragon's Lair at the beginning of your turn? Or can I play this card and then immediately use Lair to search my deck?

#14 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

After reading it again I think you can only play it at the beginning of your turn. Not as good, but still not bad.

#15 Mallumo

Mallumo

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:11 PM

You can indeed only use Dragon's Lair at the beginning of your turn, but with Purged by Flame, at least you can trigger it on your next turn after playing it. 

#16 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,291 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:51 PM

Never mind, should read the WHOLE thread first .

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#17 Jowimus

Jowimus

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:15 AM

Mallumo said:

You can indeed only use Dragon's Lair at the beginning of your turn, but with Purged by Flame, at least you can trigger it on your next turn after playing it. 

Unfortunately Dragon's Lair is at best a second turn card. So you're looking at third or fourth turn to really get any use out of it. Thats already well on your way to losing IMO.

#18 Mallumo

Mallumo

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

As much as I dislike arguing based on best or worst case scenarios: At best it's a first turn card (Convocation of Eagles, Innovation), and having a dragon hit the table in your second turn isn't half bad. Neither is getting one on your third or fourth turn, actually. It's not like you're not doing anything else while you wait for the Lair to do its thing. I'm not saying there aren't stronger approaches, and as always a lot depends on your opponent and your draw, but it's viable.

#19 Ellyrik

Ellyrik

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:35 PM

The problem isn't Dragon's Lair but what to do with those high cost dragons before 5 turns (or getting the lair) !

I tried a rush deck based on dragons and Inflame/Fury of Aenarion (for at least 4P) but the results were very various.

#20 Jowimus

Jowimus

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:58 AM

I really don't think we are in disagreement. I've just had a few people look at these cards and exclaim "HIGH ELVES HAVE ARRIVED!" The Dragon's Lair deck is pretty lower tier even for HE decks in my experience. These new cards will probably be better for an Eltharion Deck or in something like my unitless HE indirect damage deck.

Just for fun: To get the Dragon's Lair to try and spit out a dragon on the second turn, you'd essentially have to have 6 specific cards in your opening hand and play all 7 cards you start with. Play Envoy From Avelorn for one, play a development (any card), play 2 Dance to Loec(can also be replaced with Convocation of Eagles), play Innovation to gain resources, Play Dragon's Lair for four, then play Elven Scout/Purged by Flame for one(and to put the resource on the Lair).  Thats 6 resources and six or seven cards from your hand depending on your use of Eagles or Innovation. If you use Convocation of Eagles, you hurt your chances of drawing a dragon because you check the top five cards with Lair before you draw in the Quest phase. So possible, but pretty rare. And lord help you if the other side has any support removal  In my experience, playing Dragon's Lair even in the second turn is still a chore. To pull it off you are essentially not doing much of anything else even then since it costs four (five to get any tokens on it).

Now, none of this is saying that I'm not going to make a deck and REALLY enjoy it if it ever works

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS